Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let,s Blair and Cameron charged for War Crimes,

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Let,s face it along with the USA we have trashed Afghanistan,Iraq,Libya and CMD wanted to Sort-Out Syria and now we are Inheriting the Wind.:rant:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Always good to turn on your own :facepalm: , party leaders from opposite sides that tried to do the best, as they saw fit, for their country. Whether it was the best thing to do is open to opinion and the judgement of history. Perhaps we should ask Jihadi John to be the judge in the meantime?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Let,s face it along with the USA we have trashed Afghanistan,Iraq,Libya and CMD wanted to Sort-Out Syria and now we are Inheriting the Wind.:rant:

The Mushrooms are early this year I think ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Mrs V often seems to have bad wind but she did not inherit it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm still undecided whether it was corruption or incompetence that led NATO and Western leaders down the catastrophic foreign policy that resulted in this horrific warzone that the Middle East has become over the last 15 years.

ISIS already have a state - it's called Saudi Arabia - and for decades they have been our best chums... and still are. At the same time Western nations at the very least manipulated, at the very worst utterly destroyed, the likes of Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, Egypt and so on.

Saudi Arabia are fighting Isis.

The problems in the Middle East started at the end of WW1, when the Ottoman Empire broke up.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think that, whatever the reasons............... oh sod it, who gives a shit, we're top of the league!!!!!:banana:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

The problems in the Middle East started at the end of WW1, when the Ottoman Empire broke up.

I don't know the exact history but this is probably the real reason. As you say, the Ottoman Empire broke up and as a result the major powers decided to 'create' various states forcing different tribes into unnatural alliances which haven't lasted the test of time.

As for the current crisis, we intervened in Libya and it's a mess, we didn't intervene in Syria and it's a mess. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Something the OP has conveniently ignored.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I

As for the current crisis, we intervened in Libya and it's a mess, we didn't intervene in Syria and it's a mess. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Something the OP has conveniently ignored.

Can't argue with that. Seeing as we are to blame, by many, for causing all these deaths and infighting, including in the countries where we have had no involvement, best we keep out of them then...........

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand

I'd say read that book where it says over 100 times to kill your enemies, and look no further to that prophet who took part in vile actions against young girls. Look at his followers who continue to do so and then you may just find the reason why the middle east is a cease pit. B******s to Blair he played a part yes but the pure venom that is going on due to that 7th century book is the real reason!!!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

But the Saudis' Wahabist interpretation of Islam is behind a lot of the militant jihadi groups - and because Saudi Arabia has oil that the West needs, they've been allowed to get away with stuff when we should have warned them to sort out some of their wilder offshoots.

How come the oil-rich Saudis don't do more to alleviate some of the poverty and suffering in Palestine and other parts of the Arab world? Because then the sense of grievance against the West and Israel wouldn't be so strong?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd say read that book where it says over 100 times to kill your enemies, and look no further to that prophet who took part in vile actions against young girls. Look at his followers who continue to do so and then you may just find the reason why the middle east is a cease pit. B******s to Blair he played a part yes but the pure venom that is going on due to that 7th century book is the real reason!!!
I should go into hiding now, mate.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
This letter to the times will explain the Middle East to you

Iran is backing Assad. Gulf states are against Assad!

Assad is against Muslim Brotherhood. Muslim Brotherhood and Obama are against General Sisi.

But Gulf states are pro-Sisi! Which means they are against Muslim Brotherhood!

Iran is pro-Hamas, but Hamas is backing Muslim Brotherhood!

Obama is backing Muslim Brotherhood, yet Hamas is against the US!

Gulf states are pro-US. But Turkey is with Gulf states against Assad; yet Turkey is pro-Muslim Brotherhood against General Sisi. And General Sisi is being backed by the Gulf states!
Welcome to the Middle East and have a nice day.

K N Al-Sabah
London EC4, UK

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here