Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Usb MP3 Player help please

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have bought a USB Mp3 player for my brother in law to listen to music on the plane when we go on holiday. Copy and pasted the songs no problem but as he likes GOSBTS i have tried to put it on after every 12 or so tunes but no joy. I tried renaming it but it still listed all 5 versions at the end of g
the listing. How do I copy this to the point I want or change the listing to the preferred order like alphabetical. I use windows 8.1. Many thanks

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I tried clearing the mp3 and copy GOSBTS then 12 tunes then GOSBTS under another name then12 more tunes GOSBTS etc but it still listed all 6 versions after each other at the end

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No idea what kind of MP3 player you have but I bet there's an option for creating a playlist. Just set it up via there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Would he HONESTLY want GOSBTS coming on every 12 tracks ?? That's nuts.

If he likes it that much shirley he can just put it on repeat.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think depends on the usb music device you are using.

You might need to locate each album's folder (usually Music > artist > album) and add a copy of the song to each folder to have GOSBTS play once with each album on the device.

Despite showing just the song title, often mp3s are named 1_3_[song title] where 1 is the disc number and 3 is the track number when you locate the mp3 file in your harddrive, so you might need to amend the name of each version of the GOSBTS mp3 you put on there.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Ruddy heck. If I heard GOSBTS every 12 tracks I'd want to hear Glad All Over just for parity. :lolol:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Connect pins 1 & 4 to a car battery. This will solve your (and our) problem.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is registered as having learning difficulties and he can identify with GOSBTS. The Mp3 is just a standard 4gb usb plug in and load via copy and paste. What I wanted to do was give each 1 a different name and then load the usb to sort in alphabetical order but on windows 8.1 I cannot see a facility to sort the files in a given order.

Before posting on here I googled the question and it appears that you have to download a program to sort a usb in a given order.

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
the usb player will sort them how it wants to, not how windows sorts it.
I would try copyin all the songs to a new directory on the PC, rename each file from filexxx.mp3, fileyyy.mp3 to 001filexxx.mp3, 002fileyyy.mp3 etc and the player should sort them according to name. just fit GOSBS in wherever you want it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BG and technology, always the same result.

Why not get a Barclays account so a digital eagle can help you ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have tried copying an album to a USB then adding GOSBTS then another album then GOSBTS under a different name but it still shows as 2 albums and 2 copies of of GOSBTS s unspecified.

I am going to try to do it by copying to an I tunes playlist not sure if that will work. Why cant you just relist files on a USB in alphabetical order? If I rename every track will it recognise what its original name was and list as such.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
BG and technology, always the same result.

Why not get a Barclays account so a digital eagle can help you ?

I reckon there should be a special section on NSC called Grandad's Daily Dilemma.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
There must be a way to sort by name. If you have all the files showing can you click on the top above the first row. So if the top shows things like 'track', 'artist', 'album' etc try clicking on one of these to sort. Other option is, as mentioned, to make a playlist.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I reckon there should be a special section on NSC called Grandad's Daily Dilemma.

It is called progession I was never brought up with such technology and much as I wish to get into it I find t difficult. The best advice generally is on here becausre most posters are young and well into phones laptops tablets etc, that is of course disregarding those that want to take the p..s but my shoulders are broad enough to take that.in most instances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here