Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stag weekend Brighton (February 2016)

Andy H

Sep 2, 2015
Afternoon all,

Myself and around 10-12 guys from Northern Ireland are heading to Brighton at the end of next February for a stag weekend, and are hoping to get to the Leeds game.

I've contacted the club regarding tickets but thought this might be a good place to get some recommendations about decent bars in the city, and before and after the game. I understand there's a chance it could be moved to the Friday night but we'll be over for the weekend anyhow so should still get to it.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Andy H

Sep 2, 2015
Albion. Not everyone in the group is an Albion fan, but they definitely don't support Leeds.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Afternoon all,

Myself and around 10-12 guys from Northern Ireland are heading to Brighton at the end of next February for a stag weekend, and are hoping to get to the Leeds game.

I've contacted the club regarding tickets but thought this might be a good place to get some recommendations about decent bars in the city, and before and after the game. I understand there's a chance it could be moved to the Friday night but we'll be over for the weekend anyhow so should still get to it.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Revenge, R Bar and Doctor Brightons are really really good bars to go to.....

If you want a good hotel then it has to be Legends! Lovely scenery!

Also if you are looking to relax, then a visit to "The Brighton Sauna" is a must!

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Leeds games on weekends at Brighton often get moved, so might be a little careful there.

*Edit - Sorry didnt realise you'd already mentioned this - Ignore*

Andy H

Sep 2, 2015
Thanks guys. Already got the stag a voucher for 'the sauna', while we're at the Amex.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Firstly have you been to Brighton before? and do you know where you are staying yet?

Most pubs, bars and clubs in town are friendly, however would recommend splitting into smaller groups if you are going into a club. 12 blokes on a stag do, many wont let you in. As for getting to the game if you get tickets in advance your travel to and from ground is included in the price.

as for the joker who advised the Bulldog above, ignore him. the bar is on the verge of loosing its licence. [http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1352...have_licence_reviewed_by_police/?ref=mr&lp=1]

Andy H

Sep 2, 2015
Firstly have you been to Brighton before? and do you know where you are staying yet?

Most pubs, bars and clubs in town are friendly, however would recommend splitting into smaller groups if you are going into a club. 12 blokes on a stag do, many wont let you in. As for getting to the game if you get tickets in advance your travel to and from ground is included in the price.

as for the joker who advised the Bulldog above, ignore him. the bar is on the verge of loosing its licence. [http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1352...have_licence_reviewed_by_police/?ref=mr&lp=1]
Thanks Jim. A quick Google search gave me the lowdown on the previously suggested bars.

Haven't been before but the stag has a friend from the city. We'll staying close to North Laine. Already found a few bars we like the look of but thought there might be a few locals the football fans went to.

Waiting for a response from the club about group tickets so hopefully get some travel included.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The stag will be in full Albion kit for the game, but we'll allow him to change afterwards
That's a good move as loads of Brighton bars don't allow entry for anyone in a football shirt on Saturdays after a game.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If you want to get mobbed by a dozen rampant hen parties try singing Delilah on the end of pier karaoke or in Donatellos in the Lanes where some of you will leave with less clothes that you entered with

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Thanks Jim. A quick Google search gave me the lowdown on the previously suggested bars.

Haven't been before but the stag has a friend from the city. We'll staying close to North Laine. Already found a few bars we like the look of but thought there might be a few locals the football fans went to.

Waiting for a response from the club about group tickets so hopefully get some travel included.

So Revenge it is then????

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Depends what you are after. If you want a Stag do dressed in fancy dress and not giving a rats arse, head to west street I am pretty sure most places will accomodate you although you still may stuggle in a group of 12.

If you want to have a decent time I would suggest heading around the North Laine, start at the station and make your way through, lots of good places to have a drink, places id probably suggest to end up are dirty blondes, Bar 32, funfair or maybe the arch all fairly posey but they are better than a lot of shit. Town really isnt that great, all very much champagne and grey goose wankers. I am probably just getting older.

Andy H

Sep 2, 2015
Depends what you are after. If you want a Stag do dressed in fancy dress and not giving a rats arse, head to west street I am pretty sure most places will accomodate you although you still may stuggle in a group of 12.

If you want to have a decent time I would suggest heading around the North Laine, start at the station and make your way through, lots of good places to have a drink, places id probably suggest to end up are dirty blondes, Bar 32, funfair or maybe the arch all fairly posey but they are better than a lot of shit. Town really isnt that great, all very much champagne and grey goose wankers. I am probably just getting older.
Cheers munkfish. It'll probably be a combination of both, but unlikely to be in fancy dress. Those clubs look like decent options.

A few supposed ale connoisseurs amongst the group so was thinking of the Brighton beer dispensary and north laine brewhouse for earlier in the nights. We have two days so plenty of time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If they fanny about with the Leeds game and change it to the Friday night, as they doubtless will, you could always take in the Leeds game AND do Hove greyhounds on the Saturday night. Last race is half-ten which would give you a cheap and cheerful and maybe even profitable start to your Saturday night.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If they fanny about with the Leeds game and change it to the Friday night, as they doubtless will, you could always take in the Leeds game AND do Hove greyhounds on the Saturday night. Last race is half-ten which would give you a cheap and cheerful and maybe even profitable start to your Saturday night.

I had a good night at the dogs after one game last season, we were a bit boozey and thought we would do something different, it turned out to be a proper good laugh, nice and easy to get a bus back into town then.

Andy H

Sep 2, 2015
Good shout Tom. Does sound like good craic, and alternatively could go on Friday night if the game is played Saturday. Knowing the group as I do though, it would unlikely be financially profitable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here