Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Wales

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Be good to see them at Euro 2016, it's about time - and would be an amazing achievement from such a small pool of players.

A win in Cyprus tonight and they've almost done it. Imagine how the likes of Giggs, Rush and Hughes will be feeling watching it...(and Dean Saunders, of course)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yep. Excellent stuff. First Gary Speed, and then Chris Coleman have done a great job.

Beyond Bale and Ramsey theres very little big talent there - all about the TEAM.

Crofts will be hoping to be back involved once fit, so we could have Albion interest at the Euros (though Wales' qualification will probably be at the expense of Kayal and Hemed's involvement).

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Would prefer Wales to get stuffed, and Israel to qualify so that Hemed and Kayal play out of their skins all season to make the squad for the Euros.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A place at the Euros would be just reward for Crofts after his injury nightmare - but you do wonder how much Coleman would want to tinker with the squad that got him there.

About the only player I can think of who has been as or more unlucky with injuries recently has been Faurlin at QPR. Hasn't he had three cruciates in the last four years?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Would prefer Wales to get stuffed, and Israel to qualify so that Hemed and Kayal play out of their skins all season to make the squad for the Euros.

I also want to see Hemed and Kayal on the winning side this weekend. They then come back full of confidence

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
and of coarse they will be cheering us on if we get through............................................................................................................NOT

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A place at the Euros would be just reward for Crofts after his injury nightmare - but you do wonder how much Coleman would want to tinker with the squad that got him there.

Crofts was a fixture in the squad before the injuries, so if he gets back playing regularly (that itself might not be easy the way Kayal and Stephens are going) he has every chance - the current squad isn't exactly bursting with quality midfielders:

Midfielders: Andy King (Leicester City), Joe Ledley (Crystal Palace), Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal), Jordan Williams (Liverpool, on loan with Swindon Town), David Edwards (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Shaun MacDonald (AFC Bournemouth)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Cyprus away is just the sort of game I expect Wales to revert to type in and I reckon the value is in the home win as 4/1 is quite tasty.

Wales have played well this campaign but let's not forget that opening match against Andorra in which they very nearly ended up drawing. Bale rescued them in the last few minutes as I recall.

They could easily screw this is up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Cyprus away is just the sort of game I expect Wales to revert to type in and I reckon the value is in the home win as 4/1 is quite tasty.

Wales have played well this campaign but let's not forget that opening match against Andorra in which they very nearly ended up drawing. Bale rescued them in the last few minutes as I recall.

They could easily screw this is up.

Either way, should make for good viewing on a murky stream.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
and of coarse they will be cheering us on if we get through............................................................................................................NOT

F**K Wales , i hope they get stuffed.

twice in one day we agree.......

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Be good to see them at Euro 2016, it's about time - and would be an amazing achievement from such a small pool of players.

A win in Cyprus tonight and they've almost done it. Imagine how the likes of Giggs, Rush and Hughes will be feeling watching it...(and Dean Saunders, of course)

You've seen how much they like the English at Wembley or Brighton in Swansea have you?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Every sports report in Wales is leading with the UEFA rankings story, they are LOVING being rated higher than England.

I hope they do well, it's a good thing for Welsh and British football that the players get to play at this high level. It also goes to show what teamwork can achieve.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hope they make it. And Ireland and Northern Ireland.

More games with 'local' interest at the finals, the more fun it is.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It would be typical that just as they go above England in the FIFA rankings they have an absolute shocker of a result. I'm weighing up the comedy value of such an occurrence versus having a "second" team at the next Euros. Would love to see Bale wreak havoc against one of the big boys on the big stage.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Not sure about this heralded 'teamwork' everyone is banging on about...

If you have watched them during this campaign, then you would know it is quite the opposite.

The tactics are literally, pass the ball to Bale at the earliest opportunity at all times.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not sure about this heralded 'teamwork' everyone is banging on about...

If you have watched them during this campaign, then you would know it is quite the opposite.

The tactics are literally, pass the ball to Bale at the earliest opportunity at all times.
Ive been to three of the qualifiers, and whilst Bale is the star it's a team effort.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I will never get I hope Wales or Scotland do well shite, both nations ****ing hate the English.
Nor will i , typical happy clappy crap, the welsh, scots and irish are just bemused by it, they hate us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here