Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't plan on driving along the seafront in the next couple of years

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I suppose they could just leave the road to collapse! That would be less chaotic :shrug:

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
On another point, the artist development picture at the top of the page is a total joke. If that is how it is going to look, don't bother spending the money.

I could have been the artist for that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Isn't the demolition of the Kingswest and the the Brighton Centre scheduled to take place soon? Wouldn't it make sense to do the whole lot together? Else no sooner will the area be re-opened after the repair work than it'll have to be closed again for another couple of years for the demolition and redevelopment.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Well that'll be fun.

On the plus side, another opportunity to play 'spot the mistake' on an Argus story. Didn't take long!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As mentioned above: it's GOOD that they're fixing it.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It will be gridlock all over Brighton, not just the seafront, at peak times and holiday seasons. This will put people off from visiting.

I doubt it or at least if it does, in numbers so small as to be insignificant.

I'm not sure there's a realistic alternative.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Brighton could easily get a reputation for being a no go area. Even now driving from Holland Road to the Sealife Centre at the wrong time of day can take half an hour.

For cars perhaps although not necessarily a bad thing.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I kept reading the 'along' in the thread title as 'alone'. It gave the whole thread a rather sinister feel.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Brighton could easily get a reputation for being a no go area. Even now driving from Holland Road to the Sealife Centre at the wrong time of day can take half an hour.

OMG! You could walk it in less!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
There are lot's of people and families that use a car so not very good for that demographic.

I understand but I don't think that most people who chose to holiday in Brighton decide to tour round (e.g. Holland Road to the Sea Life Centre) the city in their car. I imagine that a good proportion don't even come to Brighton by car. I also imagine that those who are most vociferous about car travel difficulties live in Brighton and its environs.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Brighton does not need less roads, the lack of use by buses in the bus lanes is plain to see already, at times you can queue for ages where the public road part is blocked and not even see a bus go past on a pointless lane

?

Did I say it did?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here