Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Who's afraid of spiders?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/bill-bailey-scares-web-giant-9977189

scary-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If he'd held it in his hand, maybe we could judge just how big it is.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not afraid of spiders but I got bitten by one (in the UK) three weeks ago and I am now on antibiotics and my left leg below the knee is the colour of burnt strawberries. It's slowly getting better but I had days of itching that made me consider sawing my leg off. Beware.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Cannot even imagine how I would react to that. I think I read something recently about someone stumbling across the biggest spider ever whilst in the amazon - it was so big they could apparently hear its footsteps :nono:

I've got 3 of those living in my bedroom, all in separate enclosures of course; and it's true, if they are alarmed, you can hear their feet thumping on the glass as they run away to hide.

spiders.jpg

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I don't like spiders, but I can deal with them by the good old glass & bit of card method. Then I chuck them outside - job done.

Last night there was a shriek from my daughter to go deal with a spider. Being in Oz I kind of expected to see a massive house spider and was sh1tting it, but it wasn't too big so I put the glass over it, slid a piece of card under it and then we saw the red bit on it's shiny back......................

http://www.spiders.com.au/red-back-spider.html

That bar steward died:eek:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Becoming annoying this time of year, in the past week have relocated about 10 to the trees outside, including 3 chappies of above average girth. Whilst we're on the subject, every morning some tiny little fecker has laid a thread across the bathroom door so it hits me in the face prior to my morning pee.
I can see where he sits during the day, and have ignored him but if he lays one more booby trap then it's curtains.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here