Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Policeman's heel

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
... or Plantar calcaneal bursitis. Bloody painful. Anyone out there suffered from it and could advise on some relief?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Yes,very painful. It took several months to disappear. I used a frozen bottle of water to roll my foot whilst watching television. I am not sure if it helped or not. The condition is inflammation of the tendon under the foot. Good luck.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I had it 30 years ago. During a 4 year ankoloysis spondylitis arthritis attack. It was one of the least aggressive arthritic attacks my body experienced luckily but still painful to walk on. I had steroid jabs on some areas, in step of foot, knee and fingers, which alleviated the pain.

I presume you have been to the GP? It could be linked to arthritis or gout. Diet can help but once it sets in is harder.

Good luck with recovery.

Roll your foot over a can/bottle/tennis ball, it hurts at the time but brings relief quickly.

had it for 3 years now.

you can also get an insert for shoes that helps for about £20 in most Chemists.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I have it right now, its the second time I have had sadly. Here are the things that help me...

Roll a golf ball on it 3 times a day - both feet not just the affected one
Get a splint to wear at night to keep the foot stretched - aids healing
Get some shoe inserts (good ones) to support the instep
Get a Plantar support to wear all day
Rest as much as possible
Calf stretches 3 times a day
Rest as much as you can - don't go on long walks or play intense sport

Good luck, it will take at least 6 months minimum for it to get better.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Good advice on the roll with tennis ball. I picked mine up playing squash around 12 weeks ago. Been out since but hoping to play on Monday! Good luck with your recovery.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I have it right now, its the second time I have had sadly. Here are the things that help me...

Roll a golf ball on it 3 times a day - both feet not just the affected one
Get a splint to wear at night to keep the foot stretched - aids healing
Get some shoe inserts (good ones) to support the instep
Get a Plantar support to wear all day
Rest as much as possible
Calf stretches 3 times a day
Rest as much as you can - don't go on long walks or play intense sport

Good luck, it will take at least 6 months minimum for it to get better.

This is all good advice but I strongly endorse the night splint. This one on Amazon did the job for me (hope the link works - if not just do a search): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantar-Fas...r=8-5&keywords=night+splint+plantar+fasciitis

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
NSC never ceases to amaze me.

I've had this in my left heel for a couple of weeks now and its really affecting me. :-(

Looking into it I'm not sure whether I've got Plantar calcaneal bursitis or Plantar Fasciitis. I've read somewhere that bursitis tends to be worse at the end of the day whereas plantar fascia pain tends to be worse in the morning, immediately upon waking. My exoerience is that I certainly struggle first thing but it gets far worse again later if I'm on my feet too much.

I've had a bit of a go with the tennis ball tip in the kitchen but my poor ball skills mean I'm constantly up and chasing it round the room.

Perhaps I should go to to the doctor. All I know is that it is bloody painful and is stopping me exercising (which I didn't do enough in the first place!) or even walking the dog as far as I'd like to.

franks brother

Well this is a coincidence I'm going to the doctors this afternoon for the very same pain in my left heal thanks to the North Stand Chat doctors surgery I think I cancelled the appointment as know what it is now

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
NSC never ceases to amaze me.

I've had this in my left heel for a couple of weeks now and its really affecting me. :-(

Looking into it I'm not sure whether I've got Plantar calcaneal bursitis or Plantar Fasciitis. I've read somewhere that bursitis tends to be worse at the end of the day whereas plantar fascia pain tends to be worse in the morning, immediately upon waking. My exoerience is that I certainly struggle first thing but it gets far worse again later if I'm on my feet too much.

I've had a bit of a go with the tennis ball tip in the kitchen but my poor ball skills mean I'm constantly up and chasing it round the room.

Perhaps I should go to to the doctor. All I know is that it is bloody painful and is stopping me exercising (which I didn't do enough in the first place!) or even walking the dog as far as I'd like to.

I've had it before, but it's recurred now. I can hardly walk on the right foot in the morning. That splint looks worth a go,

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Yes,very painful. It took several months to disappear. I used a frozen bottle of water to roll my foot whilst watching television. I am not sure if it helped or not. The condition is inflammation of the tendon under the foot. Good luck.

Pain on the instep is more likely Planter Fasciitis.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Well this is a coincidence I'm going to the doctors this afternoon for the very same pain in my left heal thanks to the North Stand Chat doctors surgery I think I cancelled the appointment as know what it is now
Haha, you are kidding? I'd still go and get some professional advice if I was you

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I hope I can get rid of the injury before next September as I said I'm supposed to be doing the 3 Peak challenge

I run a fair bit but managed to give myself PF a few years back by stupidly running about half a mile to catch a train wearing winter boots with a solid heel. The heel cushions definitely helped me, but it was still nearly six months before I was able to walk without pain straight after getting up. Just need to be really careful unfortunately and not do anything that might aggravate the tendon again, it's very touchy.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I've had Planter Fasciitis on and off for years now, had an operation and it still came back.

I'd recommend rolling a ball under the foot, I found a plastic spike ball best although a bit painful. The night splint gets lots of reconsiderations but I found it too uncomfortable to sleep with and gave up. By far the best is shock wave therapy, try asking your doctor but you may need to go private which is expensive.

Lots and lots of information about it on running websites.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here