Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CH hogs the limelight

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Why don't we ever hear from the staff. Not a whiff from Calderwood or Nathan. Previously under Oscar, Gus and Sami... the interviews were also given by Charlie, Nathan, Tarrico etc. Now it's Chris and only Chris. He's very eloquent but let's have a different voice now and again.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Why don't we ever hear from the staff. Not a whiff from Calderwood or Nathan. Previously under Oscar, Gus and Sami... the interviews were also given by Charlie, Nathan, Tarrico etc. Now it's Chris and only Chris. He's very eloquent but let's have a different voice now and again.

I'd rather hear from the manager.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:fishing:

But I'll play.
Just so long as we only hear from CH when things are going badly as well, what's the problem?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It could in part be explained by the fact that Gus, Oscar and Sami weren't very good interviewees. (Gus could talk but I only understood every fifth word.)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I assume this is a joke but I'll bite...

Chris Hughton is the best manager our club has employed since Alan Mullery and currently has us top of the second tier for only the third time in our history. I rather like hearing what he has to say.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Even my wife,who is not into football thinks that Chris is really good to listen to. Mind you, he does get his is was and were mixed up. We was good.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you mean return to the norm of the Manager fronting up, rather than defering it to the assistant? it is nice to hear from the Number 2 occasionally, but normally this occurs because of poor language or poor results.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We only starting hearing from Oatway etc when Poyet knew he didn't want to be here, he always used to do the interviews in his first few years.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Really??????? This thread title is an example of the down side of inter net forums. You do realise that CH and the club have not only made a spectacular start on the pitch and in the transfer window but that this has also happened during probably one of the most traumatic couple of weeks in Sussex's history. And not forgetting the tragic event in Findon involving an Albion fan. I think the thread title indicating the CH is in some way enjoying this attention is ridiculous. When CH took charge I was very pleased. Now with such a busy and mixed emotional start to the season he has proven to be the perfect man in charge. In fact I will go as far to say that I can't think of any other manager who would have conducted themselves any better.
This thread has made me quite angry in fact.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I assume this is a joke but I'll bite...

Chris Hughton is the best manager our club has employed since Alan Mullery and currently has us top of the second tier for only the third time in our history. I rather like hearing what he has to say.

Wow.
That's a slightly premature statement dontcha think - what are you basing that statement on ? What has he achieved here to earn that accolade ?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Wow.
That's a slightly premature statement dontcha think - what are you basing that statement on ? What has he achieved here to earn that accolade ?
More premature than a third former with Linda Luscardi but it is my belief...

I just think the man has all of the qualities I want in a manager and I can't think of anyone since Mullers who can match him. Chris Cattlin comes closest but I feel Hughton has the edge.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There are 2 reasons why he does the interviews

1. Part of the agreement for the monies received for the TV deal stipulate that the manager whenever possible should do the aftermath press interviews

2. Chris is an expert politician like interviewee and is good that ensuring even when there are negatives in his teams performance he likes to ensure that none of his players are singled out and isolated by the interviewer.

I shall give you a perfect example of where it once went wrong when a TV company got to a player before he got to the player.

I don't know if anyone recalls a premier league match 2 seasons ago between Norwich and Cardiff. In injury time with the score 0 - 0 and Cardiff having been pounded by Norwich for the full 90 minutes .David Marshall the Cardiff keeper intentionally kicked the ball out of play for an injury to himself I think it was. When the throw in took place Marshall expected the ball back but Leroy fer duly accepted the ball and shot it straight into the Net. The referee defused the situation defused the situation by saying he blew for full time before leroy put the ball in the net

Chris would have said to the press that perhaps Leroy wasn't aware that it was always expected to give the ball back because it was his first season in the UK.

The press however got to Leroy first and said ''No I meant to score, I wanted to score because I wanted to win''

So it is situations like that he wants to avoid and doing the interviews himself are to only sure fire way of ensuring that only what he wants to to go to the press, gets to the press.

Back to the Leroy incident........I actually liked Leroy's response better

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
CH carries the can. It should be him speaking unless he for some reason cannot.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's CH's job to 'Hog the limelight'.

We only got Taricco or Oatway when Gus had bumped his head on the ceiling, was away playing golf, or was just sulking over the Reading vacancy :lolol:

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Really??????? This thread title is an example of the down side of inter net forums. You do realise that CH and the club have not only made a spectacular start on the pitch and in the transfer window but that this has also happened during probably one of the most traumatic couple of weeks in Sussex's history. And not forgetting the tragic event in Findon involving an Albion fan. I think the thread title indicating the CH is in some way enjoying this attention is ridiculous. When CH took charge I was very pleased. Now with such a busy and mixed emotional start to the season he has proven to be the perfect man in charge. In fact I will go as far to say that I can't think of any other manager who would have conducted themselves any better.
This thread has made me quite angry in fact.
You have completely misunderstood the thread. Made you angry indeed! What has our wonderful start to the season, the terrible Shoreham disaster...got to do with whether or not the interviews could be shared around a little bit...variety being the spice of life

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
You have completely misunderstood the thread. Made you angry indeed! What has our wonderful start to the season, the terrible Shoreham disaster...got to do with whether or not the interviews could be shared around a little bit...variety being the spice of life

What annoyed me was the use of the words Hogs the Limelight.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here