Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Helicopter pleasure trips.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Want to book one for the wifes birthday ( no worries she never looks on here ) :)
Anyone got and experience or recommendations of where to go or what to see on the trip?

Jul 7, 2003
You can book helicopter tours of London which will give her an alternative view of the capital.

Alternatively, you may be able to hire a helicopter from Shoreham and take her to lunch in France (not sure if anyone offers this but worth asking)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Did the 25 dollar per person 5 minute fly over International Drive Florida a year ago (How much do you luv her :love:)
I missed 2 x matches in which we won & drew :moo:

It was downhill after that to the extent there was a call for a whip round in EAST UPPER to send me back:ohmy:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
One of the best has got to be Vegas and over the Grand Canyon.

We literally did that last week, Just got back hence wanting to book her one as a treat for here birthday.
nsc.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Booked a special anniversary treat for Mum and Dad from Shoreham airport a few years ago - as far as I remember you could pretty much choose where to go (subject to not getting too near Gatwick, of course) and they'd quote you accordingly. They (Mum and Dad) had a good look at their house in Goring from the air, out from Shoreham along the sea front and back along the downs for £150 - that was about fifteen years ago, though.

Looks like it's still an option - http://www.helifly.co.uk/about-us/price-list

Last edited:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I was in Cape Town a few years back and there is a bloke there flying a Huey [MASH] chopper. Several options: 30 mins - 2 hrs or a combat mission.

I sat on the side pod where a gunner would have been - nothing but a lap belt hold me to the aircraft - exhilarating is an understatement

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I used the British Caledonian Helicopter shuttle that flew between Gatwick and Heathrow took about Twenty minutes same as the one that flew the team to Wembley.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Commuted into Monaco from Nice (cheap easyjet flight to there) a few times. 10 min ride very close to Cote D'Azur coastline and about £150 return (cheaper than a taxi). Monaco also much cheaper than you'd expect.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Still looking for some pointers
As anyone booked a pleasure flight form Shoreham?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I remember doing a helicopter trip round Manhattan and all the American lard arses were getting annoyed because you had to be weighed before you were allowed on - think the ratio was about 1 American to at least 2 Europeans. Should have charged them twice as much.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I remember doing a helicopter trip round Manhattan and all the American lard arses were getting annoyed because you had to be weighed before you were allowed on - think the ratio was about 1 American to at least 2 Europeans. Should have charged them twice as much.

Same.

Total fatso in the group ahead of me wasn't allowed to sit next to the pilot and had to go on his own.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
NZ to see whales
New Zealand is a long way from Cardiff. Be easier to drive (oh come on you were all thinking it!).

One of the best has got to be Vegas and over the Grand Canyon.
Oh yes. Light aircraft out of Vegas, low flight over the Hoover Dam, lands on rim of Canyon and copter down to the river with blades inches from the edge and next day the trip by copter down the strip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here