Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan Fee

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Matej Vydra Watford to Reading season long loan Reading paying Watford a 2.5 million pound "loan fee"
with 41 games to go that works out at a cost to reading of almost £61,000 per game !! I hope For their sake Watford are paying his wages out of that great bit of Business by Watford if not

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Matej Vydra Watford to Reading season long loan Reading paying Watford a 2.5 million pound "loan fee"
with 41 games to go that works out at a cost to reading of almost £61,000 per game !! I hope For their sake Watford are paying his wages out of that great bit of Business by Watford if not

barking mad !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I can only think as someone on here pointed out that its almost a down payment.

Eg if they want to buy then they have already paid £2.5m towards the fee.

That or its a bribe plain and simple.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At least part of his wages will be on top of that. The estimate I've seen is that the total will be 3.5 million, and of course they have to lose him for nothing in May.

Suicidal financing, but there is always the chance he'll be lining up for them in the playoff final, I suppose.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
But he'd have cost what to buy? £8-12m I'd reckon. If it gets them into the Premier League where £2.5m is a pittance, it'll be a bargain. It's a gamble but if you've been up there, then it's a gamble you can afford.

The whole system is a bad joke really. That guy Hector that's gone to Chelsea and been loaned straight back - what's the betting he'll never play a game at Stamford Bridge. They just buy players as an investment because they think they can sell him for more in the future - and in the meantime have given their old mate Steve Clarke's club a handy wedge of cash and the use of the player.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
But he'd have cost what to buy? £8-12m I'd reckon. If it gets them into the Premier League where £2.5m is a pittance, it'll be a bargain. It's a gamble but if you've been up there, then it's a gamble you can afford.

The whole system is a bad joke really. That guy Hector that's gone to Chelsea and been loaned straight back - what's the betting he'll never play a game at Stamford Bridge. They just buy players as an investment because they think they can sell him for more in the future - and in the meantime have given their old mate Steve Clarke's club a handy wedge of cash and the use of the player.

This This and This on your last point, Chelsea signing Hector and loaning him straight back stinks of helping out Steve Clarke, I read he is already 23/24 by the time he goes back to Chelsea he will be 24/25 what will Chelsea want with a player with only Championship experiance at that age.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This This and This on your last point, Chelsea signing Hector and loaning him straight back stinks of helping out Steve Clarke, I read he is already 23/24 by the time he goes back to Chelsea he will be 24/25 what will Chelsea want with a player with only Championship experiance at that age.

Is it any different from the £1M Celtic paid for a player worth a 10th of that

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
At least part of his wages will be on top of that. The estimate I've seen is that the total will be 3.5 million, and of course they have to lose him for nothing in May.

Suicidal financing, but there is always the chance he'll be lining up for them in the playoff final, I suppose.

Hell of an expensive gamble to rely on him making Reading a play off contending team, when the rest of their side is turd.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
£3.2m with add-ons if promoted is my understanding. We would be cheering if we had done the same deal but our chances of going up are still probably better in my judgement

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
£3.2m with add-ons if promoted is my understanding. We would be cheering if we had done the same deal but our chances of going up are still probably better in my judgement

I don't think we would. 2.5m + wages is an outrageous price for a loan. Only takes an knee injury in the first game and you've basically set fire to 2.5m. No resale value or anything. As good as he is it is far too much of a gamble at that price.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Mental.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The problem with the Reading deal is that they have invested close to £3.5m with wages and if they don't go up, then its dead money and they have effectively let a player go on a free, as they have no resale value on the player.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Is it any different from the £1M Celtic paid for a player worth a 10th of that

A few key differences yes. Virgo was maybe over valued but he did have a chance of playing for celtic, which he went on to do. He wasnt also instantly loaned back to us.

Basically Chelsea having paying Reading 4million for a player they will never play and loaned the player back to them at no extra cost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here