Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What would be your guilty pleasure tune?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
enhanced-27118-1416256414-35.jpg

:whistle:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo

Co written by Ex-Easybeat and future AC/DC producer George (brother of Malcolm and Angus, but no relation to John Paul) Young.

I like the original, but would love to hear a cover version which would bring out the underlying potential for threat and menace in this song. Something in the vein of Elvis Costello's obsessive classic 'I Want You.' Someone like Nick Cave or PJ Harvey would be ideal: slow it down, and gradually work it to a screaming climax.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Taylor Swift - Shake It Off

Except, I don't see it as a guilty pleasure. I tend to lean more towards the heavy side of things but I would also say that I'm a fan of Swifty's work. It's definitely not what people expect me to say so I think it's meant to be something I'm ashamed of (for some reason) but I'm really not, she's got some great songs.

I'm currently unable to put a video up for it so if someone would be willing to quote me and put it up on my behalf that would be most appreciated!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Something like this:

Or, if we're talking bona fide 1980s cheesy classics, this never fails to make me smile for all sorts of reasons:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Taylor Swift - Shake It Off

Except, I don't see it as a guilty pleasure. I tend to lean more towards the heavy side of things but I would also say that I'm a fan of Swifty's work. It's definitely not what people expect me to say so I think it's meant to be something I'm ashamed of (for some reason) but I'm really not, she's got some great songs.

I'm currently unable to put a video up for it so if someone would be willing to quote me and put it up on my behalf that would be most appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

She is very talented and this is one of many great songs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here