Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fish and chips at the Amex

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I've always bought pies at the football but this season have been disappointed with the quality. I don't fancy the sausage roll, Burger or hotdog. Are the fish and chips outside the ground of a decent quality and what's the price?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
£6.95 I think and rubbish compared to shops in town.
Only had it once never again
I think I had about 15 chips ... I asked "is that it?"
Was rudely told by the lady serving it was a full portion!!

Chinese chippy by the station is way way better

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I've always bought pies at the football but this season have been disappointed with the quality. I don't fancy the sausage roll, Burger or hotdog. Are the fish and chips outside the ground of a decent quality and what's the price?

I stood outside waiting for the concourses to open at the Blackburn game and had a bottle of beer and a burger. I then stood in the shade outside the ticket booths listening to the music and the queue for the fish and chips was very big so can only assume they are good. I was able to walk up and get a burger straight away and found it had quite a few bony/gristly bits so will probably go for the fish and chips at the Hull game.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Or you could get them in town first at a fish & chip shop. Just a thought
That's not very convenient when catching the train from Eastbourne.
Only had it once never again

Thanks. Maybe give it a swerve then.

albionite

May 20, 2009
That's not very convenient when catching the train from Eastbourne.

Thanks. Maybe give it a swerve then.

Well there is a fish and chip shop outside of Eastbourne station.
I know if you get to the ground early then feel peckish you get food :drink:, don't see the point planning it in advance when you can get it elsewhere better value/quality.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I know if you get to the ground early then feel peckish you get food :drink:, don't see the point planning it in advance when you can get it elsewhere better value/quality.
Fair points. I'd probably do that if i was in my own but it's easier at the Amex as I have kids.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

Quality fish and chips from that shop, enjoy them when getting them in town

haggis

Aug 1, 2014

I think the fish and chips at the Amex are very good and not bad value at £7 Plenty of chips and a large portion of fish with nice crispy batter!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Disagree, I don't think I've actually had tastier fish and chips in Brighton, except perhaps at Bankers.
Last season the portions were small-ish but enough for me. This season they're twice as big (and slightly cheaper) and far more than I can eat.

Sing Li's? You're having a laugh.

In summary, they're actually surprisingly good. Highly recommended.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sing Li a bit greasy spoon ish but excellant VFM. I had fish and chips at The Amex as I dont like a lot of chips it was ok the fish was well cooked and far better than the pies probably the best of the fast food, but I didnt think 2 sausages with a portion of chips at approx the same price was very good VFM.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Surprised a few rate sing li's.

Always found the food in there cooked in dirty oil. Tastes as if they fry Chinese spices in the same cooking oil.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not rave about Sing Li just that at the price it is VFM. Usually get sausage and chips after a night game to eat while in the queue for the train. less than £2.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think the fish and chips at the Amex are very good and not bad value at £7 Plenty of chips and a large portion of fish with nice crispy batter!

Disagree, I don't think I've actually had tastier fish and chips in Brighton, except perhaps at Bankers.

Last season the portions were small-ish but enough for me. This season they're twice as big (and slightly cheaper) and far more than I can eat.

In summary, they're actually surprisingly good. Highly recommended.

Thanks chaps, perhaps Swindonseagull got unlucky. I'll give them a try.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Had fish & chips once last season. Very good quality but a tad expensive at £7. But you do pay a premium for most things at the stadium.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here