Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any drummers out there

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Was thinking of getting a reasonable electric kit. Done the acoustic kits but really can't justify the noise levels.

What are your opinions on electric ones. I appreciate you'll never get the feeling of an acoustic but sometimes i just want to put my headphones on and drum without pissing the neighbours off.

Any help appreciated

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
What do you want to know?

I got a Roland TD-3 kit a few years back having wanted to be a drummer as a youngster but not being able to because of the noise. I've never been an acoustic player so I can't give any comparison on that.

The TD-3 was a great introduction and I really got the bug. The only thing I would criticise about it was the hi-hat which used an FD-8 pedal which was really temperamental with regards to foot pressure when closing it.

I soon added a Roland TD-12 kit and a few extra pads to the TD-3 kit creating a 19 piece behemoth. The TD-12 shipped with a VH-11 hi-hat (which requires a standard hi-hat stand) and the difference in feel and control was night and day.

Pad wise mesh is quieter than rubber, but I have no issue with the rubber pads that shipped with the TD-3.

One thing I would suggest though is to look into VST software like Toontrack's EZDrummer or Superior Drummer, where if you have an ASIO compatible soundcard or audio interface for your computer you can trigger multisamples of real acoustic drums recorded in the worlds top studios.

The other good thing about this is that if you record your drums on your computer you can easily correct errors as you record your drums via MIDI rather than audio and so they can be freely edited after the fact.

Hope this is of some use to you. :thumbsup:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
OK let's go again and for f*cks sake listen to the bass, we need to kick this along not ride on the back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here