Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club spend

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Every year we all try to estimate the cost of players in and out. However we don't know the salary cost or details of loan deals, or even how much has been for transfers paid up front

For the last couple of years It has been said that (because of FFP) the budget was being quite carefully managed. For example, many asked where the money for Ulloa was spent. However when the finances were published we we had spent quite heavily -perhaps due to high salaries.

This year we seem to have spent more overall, but have saved by having no loans so far. We must be paying particularly good salaries now to Zamora and Dunk and probably one or two others.

Does anyone have an estimate of our balance sheet relative to last year...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As of today I reckon still very high. We have a huge squad at present.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We received more income from the Ulloa sale because Leicester stayed up. Someone said that we didn't get the bulk of his sale money until this summer in any case.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Club say this is the highest budget ever and on the evidence of this transfer window, it will be. We have the Ulloa etc xfer money and bonuses and 7m extra allowable loss under FFP. I would expect our FFP loss to be pretty near to 13m, particularly if we really are going to smash our transfer record. the Actual loss made by the club will be higher than the FFP one, obviously.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Does anyone know how much the total spend has been for the purchase of players since Hughton has been here? I'm sure it hasn't been that much, no overinflated prices, and we have had a couple of frees with Bong and Rosenior.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here