Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's Charlie?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I know he left the fold but I've always thought Mr Oatway has a place in the hearts of us Albion fans. Is he living locally or still up North? Presumably he's still hanging onto Gus's coat-tails waiting for him to land.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I know he left the fold but I've always thought Mr Oatway has a place in the hearts of us Albion fans. Is he living locally or still up North? Presumably he's still hanging onto Gus's coat-tails waiting for him to land.

Not sure how I feel about him TBH.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Gus's ego is such that he'll be fullyexpecting a plum English job in the Autumn when the sackings start. If he doesn't get one, he'll maybe panic and go for a job abroad. At which point Charlie becomes surplus to requirements.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Yes, Charlie has a place in our hearts - gave it everything as a player and plenty of giggles afterwards (We should get over Gus and Tano as well - life's not too bad now is it)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, Charlie has a place in our hearts - gave it everything as a player and plenty of giggles afterwards

Almost ashamed to say that my enduring image of Charlie Oatway will be of having shouted 'F*CK OFF CHARLIE!' from H Block every time he trotted over to participate in a gormless short corner. My bad :down:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Legend is Chaz

albionite

May 20, 2009
Not going to see Charlie back while Paul Barber is here. Charlie moved on for different reasons to Poyet.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You've read his qualifications?

Yup. And the qualifications of Nathan Jones also. And not impressed by either, having seen their patent lack of intelligence on the pitch. Why on earth should we believe they have more to offer off the pitch with a couple of the equivalent of cycling proficiency badges under their belts than they had to offer on the pitch? ???

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yup. And the qualifications of Nathan Jones also. And not impressed by either, having seen their patent lack of intelligence on the pitch. Why on earth should we believe they have more to offer off the pitch with a couple of the equivalent of cycling proficiency badges under their belts than they had to offer on the pitch? ???

What they did as players has no bearing on their ability to coach (or in Jonah's case manage). I seem to remember Nathan getting us 4 valuable points between Christmas and New Year to get us out of the relegation zone. Let's face it, what you or I know about coaching football wouldn't even cover a pinhead.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What they did as players has no bearing on their ability to coach (or in Jonah's case manage). I seem to remember Nathan getting us 4 valuable points between Christmas and New Year to get us out of the relegation zone. Let's face it, what you or I know about coaching football wouldn't even cover a pinhead.

Sorry, but with all due respect, I refuse to accept that stupid ex-Albion players suddenly become non-stupid backroom staff. Why would anyone even believe that? Tho compared to Charlie and Jonesy, Tanno has to be the ultimate cnancer. Never looks remotely interested in anything coaching-related, tho will be the chosen one one that GP takes to his consolation prize Spanish-speaking club in the Autumn

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here