Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pages not Loading and WebGL?

Flex Your Head

Anyone else having problems with pages not loading properly, or very slowly, on NSC? For the last fortnight or so it's been pretty sluggish on my mobile and tablets, and on occasion I've had to hit the 'stop loading this page' button (which seems to do the trick mostly), but on our old laptop, which is running Chrome, it's really bad, and the following message appears pretty much every time at the top of the page.

Web GL.JPG

Anyone else, or any advice? [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?

Thanks in advance.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i have had an intermittent issue with NSC maxing the CPU, usually a refreash clears so put it done to a rogue advert and not the site itself.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
WebGL is running on your browser, not on the NSC server side.

Could be ad related, I imagine.

I've not had it myself. I mainly use Safari but do also use Chrome several times a day. No other reports made to me either...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've had that same web GL thingy using Chrome on an old laptop as well.

Only really happens on NSC, but I don't get the same problem on a mobile.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Only get it on my underpowered Hudl. And only occasionally on NSC and, er, one other site. :)

So, probably not NSC's fault, except for overloading with ads.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I've found NSC very slow over the past couple of days (on a near-brand new Macbook Pro), but it's also slow on my IPhone 6. It's probably down to the dire Internet connection out in the rural backwaters of Sharpthorne.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've found NSC very slow over the past couple of days (on a near-brand new Macbook Pro), but it's also slow on my IPhone 6. It's probably down to the dire Internet connection out in the rural backwaters of Sharpthorne.

I've found it slow on safari but ok on chrome..on the same macbook..havent a clue why

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I currently have a very nasty virus, malware and adware plus swerve browsers and an in teasingly slowing down laptop from accidently clicking on a video ad on here recently. Pretty much ruined my new laptop despite having paid for protection. Was not happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here