Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Baldock touch

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Okay he put the shot wide but the way Baldock brought that long ball down was just Berkampesque. Superb.

Clearly a player who has rediscovered his confidence this season.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I felt Baldock deserved a goal today. It will come if he keeps up the workrate he showed today

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He struggled in a crap team last season. I'm sure we'll see a different player this season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I predicted he'd have a breakout season and I guess we are all happy with what he's done so far this season. When a club brings in more players for competition, you can either rise to the challenge or meekly shy away and look for a move elsewhere. Baldock is showing a bit of character as far as I'm concerned, so fair play to him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
His movement off the ball is far better than anyone we have. Seems an intelligent player too (as does Hemed which is why they're working well as a unit).

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I thought he was unfairly criticized by some on here. He was shoved out on the wing out of necessity last season and began to hit some form before his injury. Great energy levels and work rate and he can consider himself a bit unfortunate to have only scored once.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Some of us liked him last year anyway. .....and he's better this year.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Great touch and what another superb ball from Bong. I ****ing love this team!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He may have only scored one goal this season but he's been playing very well now he's in his favoured position.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
There's no reason why the front two shouldn't net 30 between them this year.
He's missed some stonking chances so far this season but played brilliantly aside, so just needs to add a little composure and they'll come.
The key thing is that, unlike the rest of our team, he's done it before. Just a matter of recapturing it.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Good player. That goal he scored against Arsenal last season demonstrated what he has in his locker. A pity that Virgo singled him out on the Ch5 Football League Show. Virgo is turning out to be a reasonable pundit but I thought that was unnecessary, considering how well Baldock played yesterday. The goals will come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here