Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal and Stephens

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Are a bloody brilliant pairing. The best central midfield pairing we have had for some time.

I thought they made the game for us today.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Let's hope Beram doesn't get injured or we'll be up the creek without a paddle.

:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Could be leakey, defensively

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't know what you are all talking about. :lolol:

I don't know what you are all talking about. :lolol:

Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 23.07.56.png

Nice try!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Are a bloody brilliant pairing. The best central midfield pairing we have had for some time.

I thought they made the game for us today.

Completely agree. Having gone from three in midfield to two there might have been a danger that we'd have been overrun but Kayal and Stephens have dominated. Can't believe a few people on here would have been happy to sell Stephens to Derby.

It is a concern that, if one of them does get injured, we might end up a bit short in that position. Not convinced Ince can do the work that they put in. Crofts is the only other option, if he gets fit, unless we are in for the Chesterfield player mentioned on here earlier in the week.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And yet it was only a few days ago some (idiots) were saying 'if Derby give us £3mil we should sell him. Bless their non educated football brains that live in a game of championship manager :)

Fortunately most of us could see that the engine of the team was these two and the partnership is blossoming :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Having gone from three in midfield to two there might have been a danger that we'd have been overrun but Kayal and Stephens have dominated. Can't believe a few people on here would have been happy to sell Stephens to Derby.
And yet it was only a few days ago some (idiots) were saying 'if Derby give us £3mil we should sell him. Bless their non educated football brains that live in a game of championship manager :)
It's mental isn't it. They're our most important players at the moment (no Kaz, I haven't forgotten you). It's a difficult job and we don't have cover.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Very happy with how partnerships and understanding are popping up all over the pitch, but these two do work well together

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
It is a concern that, if one of them does get injured, we might end up a bit short in that position. Not convinced Ince can do the work that they put in. Crofts is the only other option, if he gets fit, unless we are in for the Chesterfield player mentioned on here earlier in the week.

Ince isn't really suited for playing in a 4-4-2. He's best utilised when you need to put a player in front of the back four to try and lock a game down. Also besides Croft, we also have JFC and Holla.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
At the risk of sounding a bit [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION], I thought we looked a bit short in the centre when they went 4-3-3 (with the 3 all tucked in) at the start of the second half.
But they wrestled it back well after the penalty and kept a lid on Ipswich.
Stephens is mustard. His tackle in the Forest game has set the tone for the season. If you fancy a laugh, here's some comments from when he joined: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ephens-SIGNS-3-5-Year-Deal&highlight=stephens
Ince is a very useful sub, isn't he? Expect to see him featuring every time we have a one goal lead.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wonder of CH sees a fit Crofts as cover
I'm sure that would be Crofts position if he gets both fit and back to playing well. I don't know if there are any doubts about how he'll do.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
First names on the team sheet. Awesome pairing which is allowing us to play the best formation in football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here