Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Rosenior

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Don't get me wrong - there were no weak performances today - but Liam Rosenior really stood out for me.

Being swapped in for Murphy gave the impression of Chris Hughton adopting a slightly more cautious line-up but as well as the natural defensive cover he brought to the side, he also proved to be a more than useful attacking force.

An impressive full league debut which, given his pedigree, is really no great surprise. He may not be out and out flair, but I think he will prove to be one of our more astute acquisitions this Summer.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He's the 'utility' man that we need to have sometime - can play a variety of positions and be effective in them all. Like Calde, but better (I feel bad for saying that).

Not had anyone like that since Vincelot, really.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
When we signed him I thought maybe he would play RB in some games when Bruno played in midfield.
Didn't expect it to be the other way around, but it worked really well.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He was magnificent. I loved the fast, incisive triangles played between him, Bruno and Stephens or Baldock in their half that often ended up with Rosenior driving with the ball hard at the corner of their box or down to the bye line at the edge of the box. A real threat.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
met him in Brighton after the forest game, he seemed a bit down as he didn't start but was a really nice bloke, happy to have a photo and a chat.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Agreed. The limited time I saw him as a full back I want that impressed but he was excellent in a more attacking role today.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
To a certain extent he's on a hiding to nothing, as he's such a useful utility player he doesn't necessarily excel in every position. He got a bit of flack during the match today for his final ball, but his overall contribution to midfield was just phenomenal. A true team player and an asset to be valued.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Been saying for weeks he's looked mustard! Can see him replacing Bruno as first choice RB at some point. Having said that, Bruno has done really well this season too. He would also be my first choice left back cover if need be..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Colour me impressed too.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He was absolute mustard today. 9/10

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here