Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are there so few flies about?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
asked my mate 'Bob the social worker' tonight, while we watched the spurs everton bore draw.

"Because our streets are no longer covered in dog shit" he answered (his own question).

It's true, that. So who gets the credit?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Cus O'Grady wasn't in the squad today?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not many flies, but too many f*****g wasps!

really? bearly see them anymore. at a party midweek we had two wasps trying to snack on our cake, jelly and squash. yes it was an overcast day but i recall when you'd be inundated by the buggers.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
More importantly, why do they fly round in jagged circles under the lampshades of ceiling lights, even if they aren't on?

el punal

Not many flies, but too many f*****g wasps!

Ah ha! I have a cunning plan for this . . . and it works. Put some raisins out in strategic places in your garden and said wasps will wing their way to this bounty of forbidden fruit. Here's the good bit, the raisins start to ferment after a while and produce alcohol (I'm sure this theory will be shot to pieces!), and voila, the wasps get pissed, then get hungover and then start the whole process again. This then leaves the whole human race content in enjoying their outdoor social pursuits without the sting!

D

Deleted member 2719

Went to Florida in April last year and there was no fly's or wasps.
My daughter dropped her ice cream outside at Disney and it was mopped up in minutes!!
Surely it down to cleanliness for flys, but what about wasps??

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Maybe the NHS and improved healthcare is the reason?

With the whole population living longer, there are probably a lot more Old ladies swallowing them? and the NHS means that they don't have to resort to swallowing spiders, birds, etc and won't die, leaving them free to swallow more?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here