Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Mo Farrah the greatest ever British sportsman?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
No.

Bradley Wiggins.

The range and scope of his victories, Olympic 4 km pursuit champion, Olympic TT champion, world TT champion, oh and the TdF no less, as well as numerous other road stage races and victories (including a sprint stage) puts him well ahead IMO.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
One of our best athletes ever (and I mean athletics when I say 'athletes'). The best British sportsman ever? I think Wiggins should be considered, because of the range of his victories. Steve Redgrave for the longevity of his career. Farah is up the though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This was Brendan Foster's claim today. And if not, then who is and why? (Maybe best not to just nominate your all-time favourite Albion player!)

A former long distance runner who won gold only at the Commonwealth and European games singing the praises of someone now running his events, quelle surprise. Daley Thompson was the best as he was an all rounder having to master 10 disciplines. I would put Steve Redgrave ahead of MF as he won gold medals over a longer period.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No.

But I don't know who is - there are too many different sports to take into consideration, different times, different ages.

C.B.Fry would be a good shout, though.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its amazing few knew Farrah before 2012. IMO he is already the greatest British athlete of all time. Should be repeat the 5000 / 1000m in Rio, then I think its increasingly hard to argue he isn't Britain's greatest sportsman ever.

Wiggins, Botham and Redgrave are all complete legends but all are in sports that only a few nations compete in, you can't say that about athletics

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here