Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calleri or vydra

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Huge couple of days for the club if we can pick up either one of these think we have a huge chance for promotion. We have nearly two players for every position and real quality going forward which we have always been lacking . I will be snapping up the 8-1 for the title.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
well I think vydra would only ever be a loan.

calleri (whilst I know little about him) seems to be a bit of a prospect and on basis we would buy him and have a good chance of selling him for a whole load more than we pay (I guess this must be the TB/PB plan at some point) -then I think I would rather have our own player

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Calleri. Unproven, yes, but huge potential to be a star and possibly a massive profit too.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Think a top striker is all we are lacking now, looks like we our prepared to spend a bit of money and sitting top of the league always helps .

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Either would be a fantastic addition to the squad. Having said that, if we went after Vydra I'd like us to go for a permanent deal as I sometimes question a loan players commitment. If it was between a loan for Vydra and buying Calleri, I'd choose Calleri.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Either would be a fantastic addition to the squad. Having said that, if we went after Vydra I'd like us to go for a permanent deal as I sometimes question a loan players commitment. If it was between a loan for Vydra and buying Calleri, I'd choose Calleri.

On balance I would go for Vydra, as we really don't know much if anything about Calleri, though as ever you have to go with the judgement of the recruiting team; shame about last years! I think a season-long loan would be OK in terms of commitment, but certainly share your concern when it is just for a month. I was most impressed with Vydra two years ago when we played Watford -he was incredibly fast. But happy to go with whatever those do, who know far more about the players than I do.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Freely admit to not having heard of Calleri prior to this week. But he's playing for Boca Juniors with Carlos Tevez and friends. I can't get my head around the idea that somebody playing at the top level of Argentinian football with a club of that size would even entertain the notion of signing for a second division English club (I mean: he must have other offers, right?).

It would be a sensational move if somehow it came off. I've just seen a supposed quote from him where he says he wants to win the league with Boca, and then sign for Inter. Which makes the idea that he might sign for Brighton & Hove Albion even more unlikely.

(I'd take Vydra quite happily, by the way. I'm not greedy...)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'd rather we put our money into him.

[video=youtube;C8tJbmgQ970]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=92&v=C8tJbmgQ970[/video]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd rather we put our money into him.

I see he's already wearing their version of the Volt away shirt in one of those clips. It's meant to be, right? :lolol:

Stumpy Tim

Huge couple of days for the club if we can pick up either one of these think we have a huge chance for promotion. We have nearly two players for every position and real quality going forward which we have always been lacking . I will be snapping up the 8-1 for the title.

I heard we were "going for it" just before we signed Murphy,and stuck £20 at 20-1 for the title. I'm feeling happy with that decison

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
If we have the cash to spend on the Argentinian, I would say, use the money instead on Vydra on a perm deal. however, we need one big Marquee striker to reall show we mean business this year. THEN competiotion for places will be EXTREME! You would have to do well just to get on bench!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Going for Calleri. I think Vydra is an excellent Championship striker & I'd be delighted if we nabbed him but Mr Calleri could be so much more - worth the gamble imho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here