Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone still upset over team selection midweek....?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope it was proof that we are not strong throughout the squad, we are currently still addressing that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Midweek selection didn't make any difference to today's result.

Midweek selection - CH got it wrong and we lost.
Today's selection - excellent, did a job, so well done today, CH.

Great to be top of the league, but would be even better to still be in the cup.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Yep,:wink: could of stuffed chelski in front of massive crowd

Jesus, here we go again. Odds would be bang against it being Chelsea if we were still in it. Yes, it was the same ball but the balls would have been moved about more due to the added length of time it takes to say Brighton & Hove Albion than Wallsall.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Jesus, here we go again. Odds would be bang against it being Chelsea if we were still in it. Yes, it was the same ball but the balls would have been moved about more due to the added length of time it takes to say Brighton & Hove Albion than Wallsall.

Thank you teacher - go and have a beer:drink:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Couldn't care less about a league cup game against Chelsea: we're not some little fourth division side who desperately needs the money and/or media attention. I would far rather have won today, it means so much more.

Besides. Chelsea aren't all that. Any shitty old side can beat them...

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Couldn't care less about a league cup game against Chelsea: we're not some little fourth division side who desperately needs the money and/or media attention. I would far rather have won today, it means so much more.

In fact it seems the shittier the better! I should feel pleased, but why did it have to be Palarse?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In fact it seems the shittier the better! I should feel pleased, but why did it have to be Palarse?

Ah, you see, thanks to our win, our glorious run of form, and the outrageous sense of optimism currently floating around Brighton & Hove Albion, I can't even say I'm that bothered about that result. If they have to beat anyone, it might as well be sulky Mourinho & his team of dull, overpaid tossers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wouldn't have been the same ball though, would it?

And people don't get it when i say we have become arrogant:facepalm:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

It's not either/or. We could have had both.

It's not all about money and media attention though. When we look back at the 2008/09 season, we tend to think of the penalty shoot out win v man city. We don't remember how much money it brought us, or what the press said. We remember the elation, and the joy, we remember the on pitch celebrations (one in particular). Despite top prem sides not taking domestic cup competitions as seriously as in the past, the competitions can still provide lifelong memories.

2011/12 was our first season in our new home, and still, cup matches v Sunderland and Newcastle and even the loss to Liverpool still play a big part in memories of that season.

We could be sat top of the table, three points clear, eagerly anticipating a visit from the reigning Premier League Champions in beatable form.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Ah, you see, thanks to our win, our glorious run of form, and the outrageous sense of optimism currently floating around Brighton & Hove Albion, I can't even say I'm that bothered about that result. If they have to beat anyone, it might as well be sulky Mourinho & his team of dull, overpaid tossers.

You are such a lady ..Ma'am. :lolol:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Lets give Walsall some credit. They are flying in div 1 and have run in four at Blackpool today. We would have beaten them with todays lineup but tuesday showed the cracks in the squad. The penalty miss turned the game and they took advantage.
A slight blip in an otherwise tremendous start. No dip in confidence within the squad. Good sign.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Lets give Walsall some credit. They are flying in div 1 and have run in four at Blackpool today. We would have beaten them with todays lineup but tuesday showed the cracks in the squad. The penalty miss turned the game and they took advantage.
A slight blip in an otherwise tremendous start. No dip in confidence within the squad. Good sign.

This is it. They are a decent side, and beat us at home, after we had missed what would possibly have been a winning penalty. No shame there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here