Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich pubs

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'll presume most will head straight out of the station and across the road to the pub on the other side opposite the train station

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll presume most will head straight out of the station and across the road to the pub on the other side opposite the train station

Wise choice. Lots in town do not allow away fans in. I'm not sure I've seen a less-friendly town in that regard.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Wise choice. Lots in town do not allow away fans in. I'm not sure I've seen a less-friendly town in that regard.
True, they also serve decent food in there too for those who don't wish to walk into the town centre in search of some pre-match grub.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Massive thanks to the pub outside Ipswich Station today, the Riverside (Station) Hotel.

Away fans only, so packed pre-match and they held a minute's silence at 1.20 for the Shoreham Tragedy

Then once the subs bench was known they played the Dean Martin classic "Amore" over the speakers, loudly joined in by the whole bar.

Fabulous hospitality :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Question though: Why was it closed afterwards? Shame.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Massive thanks to the pub outside Ipswich Station today, the Riverside (Station) Hotel.

Away fans only, so packed pre-match and they held a minute's silence at 1.20 for the Shoreham Tragedy

Then once the subs bench was known they played the Dean Martin classic "Amore" over the speakers, loudly joined in by the whole bar.

I think the song was put on on the jukebox. Decent atmosphere in there today though I do have to say

theboybilly

I drank pre- and post-match in The Thomas Wolsey in town. It only opened it's doors at 1 o'clock for some strange reason. The 'Home fans only' board was outside but me, being of a certain age, on my own and without colours got a nice welcome from the doorman. I got to watch Mo Farah's exploits while downing some excellent ale from Crouch Vale. Nice pub, so you can get in other pubs than the one by the station.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

nice touch. The prices they were charging were outrageous though...!

What would two pints of bitter, one and a half pints of lemonade and three bags of crisps normally cost in an Ipswich pub?

£15 max...? £18.50 today... :) worth every penny

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The local police don't encourage it but it's a good town to drink in if you don't start singing. No way is it like Wolverhampton ffs. Normally I agree with you, fella.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

What would two pints of bitter, one and a half pints of lemonade and three bags of crisps normally cost in an Ipswich pub?

Its true. Two bitter and a lager £12.70 !

Funny how i overlooked that aspect as i had had such a top day out

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

£11.20 in my pub.

Must put the prices up.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here