Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite TV sports commentators/pundits

Listening to Michael Johnson on the athletics world championships I was thinking what an articulate and knowledgeable guy he is.
What other commentators/pundits do you enjoy or irk you ?
I always have a chuckle at David Lloyd on the cricket.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Listening to Michael Johnson on the athletics world championships I was thinking what an articulate and knowledgeable guy he is.
What other commentators/pundits do you enjoy or irk you ?
I always have a chuckle at David Lloyd on the cricket.

Yeah he is good, but athletics commentators in general are awful.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Michael Vaughan / Graeme Swann for their analysis (Boycott is often correct but will he ever shut up)
Tufnell and Blowers for the giggles

Most football commentators annoy me I'm afraid

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Shane Warne knows his onions , good to listen too.

In fact I like all the cricket pundits, they pull no punches, unlike the boys club arse kissing dullards that are football pundits.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Michael Johnson on athletics. John McEnroe on tennis. Gary Neville on football. Geoff Boycott on cricket. All of them seem to understand exactly what is expected of them as an analyst on their sport and they really put the work into explaining articulately to their audience technical points they may have missed, convey enthusiasm for both their job and the sport they used to participate in and each is happy to provide a strong opinion however leftfield it might be or however much it might upset some colleagues who still have friends in the sport.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I don't watch much tennis but when I have i do enjoy McEnroe and Becker.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Michael Johnson on athletics. John McEnroe on tennis. Gary Neville on football. Geoff Boycott on cricket. All of them seem to understand exactly what is expected of them as an analyst on their sport and they really put the work into explaining articulately to their audience technical points they may have missed, convey enthusiasm for both their job and the sport they used to participate in and each is happy to provide a strong opinion however leftfield it might be or however much it might upset some colleagues who still have friends in the sport.

4 'thumbs up' for 4 excellent choices.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Richie Benaud was always a favourite

Ian Darke for football and boxing, huge shame he works for US TV now as his replacement Nick Halling for boxing is dog shit.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Also, Andy Roddick showed a lot of promise in his first outing as a summariser on BBC's Wimbledon coverage this year. Very insightful about some of his former opponents and also showed some quite self-deprecating humour too.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Another vote for John McEnroe. Very little interest in tennis but he's excellent.

So much dross out there.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Just watching Merson and Townsend together , the lowest of the low.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Warren Aspinall, free flowing speech, eloquent and never makes a mistake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here