Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Fan

BlueVeined

Aug 27, 2015
Hi,

I am an Ipswich fan, but don't worry I'm not here to do a 'darren'. I want to give you an insight into the team you will face on Saturday and give you my views on your team.

You will come up against an Ipswich side who are, as last lesson, very hard to beat but have also added some quality over the summer.

Players who won't be involved due to injury include, Christophe Berra, Johnny Parr, Teddy Bishop, Kevin Bru and Daryl Murphy. All players who would get into our starting 11. However with Ipswich adding much needed depth this season we have a squad which is by no means weakened by their absence.

You will likely see town play a 442 formation. Our defence will as usual be very hard to break down. The two central midfielders sitting in front of our defence however they have been given the license to roam forward more this season. Our wing men will be very offensive but in a typical Mick McCarthy squad will have their share in defensive duties. Up top you will probably see our two strikers pair up with one sitting just behind the other and allowing the wingers to overlap him.

In goal you could really come up against anyone of two, Dean Gerken or Bialkowski. Little separates them but Bialkowski is preferred to Mick, however Bart has only just returned to the squad following the death of his father so it will be down to whether Mick thinks he is in the right frame of mind to return to the starting 11.

In defence our best CB Christophe Berra is sidelined due to injury, so will not feature. Tommy Smith, Berra's usual partner at the back, will line up on the left side along with our captain Luke Chambers on the right.

Luke Chambers has been our first choice right back this and last season, but due to Berra's injury will be pushed into his favoured position in the centre. This leaves the right back spot open for young Emanuel to make his second league appearance of the season, he has undoubted potential but at such a young age lacks experience so will be put under huge pressure from Lua Lua.

Left back will be filled up by Danish international Jonas Knudsen, he has looked a solid purchase this season. Very good defensively, but also has allot to offer going forward. He's certainly one to look out for with his long shots (which we have yet to see at Ipswich thus far), and his long throws. I mean it. They're long.

Our central midfielders will likely be the partnership of Skuse and Douglas. Both solid defensively and will be the two sitters if you like in our midfield.

Out on the wings I would be very surprised if you didn't see the duo of Fraser and Maitland-Niles, the two players who are not owned by us. Both have had an outstanding start to the season, Fraser tips it though with his larger haul of goals and assists so far. Certainly ones to be careful of.

Up top will be a difficult choice, it will be three players fighting for two spots. In my opinion you will see Freddie Sears lead the line, who has also had a great start to the season scoring two goals in the league. Sitting just behind it could be either of David McGoldrick or Brett Pitman, both have had good starts but for me McGoldrick has to have a place with his retention of the ball and is our best player skill wise and is starting to hit the form that we once saw after long spells on the injury table.

As for Brighton, you will certainly be no mugs and McCarthy will prepare for that. I feel you have a great opportunity to reach the play offs this season with recent seasons seeing your team perform well under parr. Your biggest threat as already stated will be Lua Lua up against our young right back. As for the 'banner' you saw a few seasons ago, I can only apologise… I think? I can assure you there are very few Ipswich fans who understand the meaning, intention and wording of that 'banner'!

Just a quick word, after the tragic accident at the air show just down the road from you I ask if there is anything the Ipswich fans can help with? As I'm aware Brighton being close to the accident have been helping those affected.

Good luck for the rest of the season, but not tomorrow!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
LuaLua will start on the right of midfield with Jamie Murphy starting on the left, this is how we have switched since Murphy has come in to the side.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Many thanks for that info. I have forwarded your analysis to Chrissie.

Good luck to you also. And, of course, not for tomorrow.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Always liked Ipswich. I think we should apologise to this fella for 'Darren' on their forum - if indeed he is Albion and not Palace in disguise. I don't think we've been below par in recent seasons though Ipswich fan - last season, of course but we've had 3 very good seasons back in the Championship before that. I can see Ipswich edging it by a goal tomo but I won't be too disheartened as they're progressing from a great season last year where as we're stabilising from a disaster...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Albion team is not quite ready to deal with the likes of Berra and Darryl Murphy.

I think we should be able to deal with the rest of the Ipswich team, although Fraser could cause a problem or two (enough to lose a goal).

I can't see Albion are particularly dangerous.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959284/Preview

Albion are expected to dominate possession, according to styles. But we are playing away so it might not occur. This makes Lualua dangerous because the best way to stop him is to stop him getting the ball in the first place. Bruno is so strong on our right hand side that Ipswich would do best attacking down their right. We still have not got a speed merchant up front so your full backs can push forward if the scores are still level. Beram Kayal is my tip for MOM, even if he has an off day.

I think we will be looking for a professional performance rather than a passionate one. Bookies have Ipswich as narrow favourites. Whoscored went for a 2-1 home win prediction.

I think it is a pity that Murphy and Berra are not playing, so these injuries mean this match will not be a barometer of how Albion will do this season. So many changes I don't know how good or bad we are. We've got a better side than when we first got promoted to the Championship.

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Albion team is not quite ready to deal with the likes of Berra and Darryl Murphy.

I think we should be able to deal with the rest of the Ipswich team, although Fraser could cause a problem or two (enough to lose a goal).

I can't see Albion are particularly dangerous.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959284/Preview

Albion are expected to dominate possession, according to styles. But we are playing away so it might not occur. This makes Lualua dangerous because the best way to stop him is to stop him getting the ball in the first place. Bruno is so strong on our right hand side that Ipswich would do best attacking down their right. We still have not got a speed merchant up front so your full backs can push forward if the scores are still level. Beram Kayal is my tip for MOM, even if he has an off day.

I think we will be looking for a propefessional performance rather than a passionate one. Bookies have Ipswich as narrow favourites. Whoscored went for a 2-1 home win prediction.

I think it is a pity that Murphy and Berra are not playing, so these injuries mean this match will not be a barometer of how Albion will do this season.

'Beram Kayal is my tip for MOM even if he has an off day....'

WTF??

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Ipswich 0

brighton 6

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hi,

I am an Ipswich fan, but don't worry I'm not here to do a 'darren'. I want to give you an insight into the team you will face on Saturday and give you my views on your team.

You will come up against an Ipswich side who are, as last lesson, very hard to beat but have also added some quality over the summer.

Players who won't be involved due to injury include, Christophe Berra, Johnny Parr, Teddy Bishop, Kevin Bru and Daryl Murphy. All players who would get into our starting 11. However with Ipswich adding much needed depth this season we have a squad which is by no means weakened by their absence.

You will likely see town play a 442 formation. Our defence will as usual be very hard to break down. The two central midfielders sitting in front of our defence however they have been given the license to roam forward more this season. Our wing men will be very offensive but in a typical Mick McCarthy squad will have their share in defensive duties. Up top you will probably see our two strikers pair up with one sitting just behind the other and allowing the wingers to overlap him.

In goal you could really come up against anyone of two, Dean Gerken or Bialkowski. Little separates them but Bialkowski is preferred to Mick, however Bart has only just returned to the squad following the death of his father so it will be down to whether Mick thinks he is in the right frame of mind to return to the starting 11.

In defence our best CB Christophe Berra is sidelined due to injury, so will not feature. Tommy Smith, Berra's usual partner at the back, will line up on the left side along with our captain Luke Chambers on the right.

Luke Chambers has been our first choice right back this and last season, but due to Berra's injury will be pushed into his favoured position in the centre. This leaves the right back spot open for young Emanuel to make his second league appearance of the season, he has undoubted potential but at such a young age lacks experience so will be put under huge pressure from Lua Lua.

Left back will be filled up by Danish international Jonas Knudsen, he has looked a solid purchase this season. Very good defensively, but also has allot to offer going forward. He's certainly one to look out for with his long shots (which we have yet to see at Ipswich thus far), and his long throws. I mean it. They're long.

Our central midfielders will likely be the partnership of Skuse and Douglas. Both solid defensively and will be the two sitters if you like in our midfield.

Out on the wings I would be very surprised if you didn't see the duo of Fraser and Maitland-Niles, the two players who are not owned by us. Both have had an outstanding start to the season, Fraser tips it though with his larger haul of goals and assists so far. Certainly ones to be careful of.

Up top will be a difficult choice, it will be three players fighting for two spots. In my opinion you will see Freddie Sears lead the line, who has also had a great start to the season scoring two goals in the league. Sitting just behind it could be either of David McGoldrick or Brett Pitman, both have had good starts but for me McGoldrick has to have a place with his retention of the ball and is our best player skill wise and is starting to hit the form that we once saw after long spells on the injury table.

As for Brighton, you will certainly be no mugs and McCarthy will prepare for that. I feel you have a great opportunity to reach the play offs this season with recent seasons seeing your team perform well under parr. Your biggest threat as already stated will be Lua Lua up against our young right back. As for the 'banner' you saw a few seasons ago, I can only apologise… I think? I can assure you there are very few Ipswich fans who understand the meaning, intention and wording of that 'banner'!

Just a quick word, after the tragic accident at the air show just down the road from you I ask if there is anything the Ipswich fans can help with? As I'm aware Brighton being close to the accident have been helping those affected.

Good luck for the rest of the season, but not tomorrow!

Say hi to Delia for us :laugh:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So it's 442 all round then. Should be a good game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here