• Goal

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • No Goal

Votes: 27 65.9%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No goal. Touched the ball more than once with his foot.
Indeed.

I'd have said no goal anyway, as I don't think it's in the spirit of the game to be secretly taking corners, and had the defender run up and kicked the ball the attackers would have claimed they hadn't taken it yet.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Could be well wrong but I'm sure there was some rule about it having to leave the quadrant or do a full turn or something. Think I've made that up though.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Goal. If my linesman is happy that the ball is in play (I'm not so sure he has kicked the ball twice as the first looks like he is putting it in position), it's as legitimate as any other goal scored.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No goal. Touched the ball more than once with his foot.

Agreed although they'd argue they only took it when he touched it last. Can't have it both ways though so I think it should've been ruled out...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Indeed.

I'd have said no goal anyway, as I don't think it's in the spirit of the game to be secretly taking corners, and had the defender run up and kicked the ball the attackers would have claimed they hadn't taken it yet.

Not in the spirit of the game, yes I quite agree. But I'm not sure on what grounds you could disallow it if the ball is in play.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Linesman is a clown then.

Had the oppo ran up and hoofed it out for a thrown in after that initial touch , which he did 3 times by the way , it would have been a booking.

No goal.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
its called gamesmanship
especially the MU one ...................................................one of the reasons I will never like them

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not in the spirit of the game, yes I quite agree. But I'm not sure on what grounds you could disallow it if the ball is in play.
The ref / assistant ref decides when it's in play, and his last touch of the ball was no more kicking it than the touch before it. He was just moving it about, several times.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Goal. If the defence could just stay focused on what's going on rather than trying to remove the oppositions shirts, they wouldn't be berating the ref or assistant/linesman. May be gamesmanship but nice to see something different

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I had erroneously thought that the ball would not be in play until it left the quadrant. Whilst technically it appears to be legitimate, one could question whether or not rolling your foot over the ball constitutes kicking it, and to be honest it does smack of seeking an unfair advantage. I would have sent them both off! 😋

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
My instinct is that he is positioning the corner with his foot. Even if he isn't, that is the intended impression created. No goal.

Dec 4, 2013
As above if there had been any kind of difference between the part where they claimed they were placing of the ball and the part where they claim they were taking of the corner then I'd give a goal, but there wasn't so no goal. Might as well penalise them for kicking the ball twice as award a goal. Agree with the sentiment that if a defender had hoofed the ball out they'd have claimed they hadn't taken it

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Didn't the whistle go before the second player touched it? If so, that would have nullified the first player messing around.

I'd go for no goal anyway because how do the officials know which touch from the first player was the actual taking of the corner?

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
I thought for any dead ball kick, the ball had to travel by the length of its circumference before it could be played by another member of the same side. If that is correct, it is clearly not a goal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here