Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Will Be A Telling Game - Notes for Brighton

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't really think this is a barometer for our season. Looks like IT will be there or thereabouts this season, so a loss for us would not be the end of the world, but any points from it will be a bonus. We do seem to be pretty solid in defence, so a point would not be surprising. Will be interesting.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Think a point would be a good return for this match. It will be a decent indication of our ability against one of the more favoured teams in the division.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I don't really think this is a barometer for our season

Absolutely not. It's still August. Plenty of teams have been up there in August and faded completely within a couple of months (didn't Forest start really well last season?).

If we're still top six in October, say, it should be a much better indicator that we have what it takes to make a giant leap forward this season.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Absolutely not. It's still August. Plenty of teams have been up there in August and faded completely within a couple of months (didn't Forest start really well last season?).

If we're still top six in October, say, it should be a much better indicator that we have what it takes to make a giant leap forward this season.

Pretty sure Millwall had a good start last year too.

You're certainly correct about Forest. They were out of the blocks like a shot.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
You're certainly correct about Forest. They were out of the blocks like a shot.

And faded hilariously.

Yep, any team can string together three or four wins in August when the sun is shining, the opponents were perhaps favourable, & the confidence is high. Hopefully we're capable of sustaining this little run we're on though, wherever that takes us to.

(I'd happily take a point at Ipswich, for what it's worth).

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Of course, but a win tomorrow and things could feel rather promising. As I said, it's NOT a barometer for the season that some might think it could be.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here