Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I feel a transfer record coming on.....

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I think the club will make one big signing before the window shuts that will break our transfer record. Anyone agree?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think the club will make one big signing before the window shuts that will break our transfer record. Anyone agree?

my thoughts exactly, all the previous rumours have been somewhat of a red herring, but who and what position?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The club are already talking about the loan window.

Arrrrrrrghhhhhhh....!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I havent got a problem with acouple of season long loans.

Vydra and Bennett for example, i dont think anyone would really be whingeing about that.
The club are talking about the loan window !

These are not season long loans - which have to be done in the transfer window - but 93 day ones :(

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What makes you think that? There have been plenty of season long loan deals done already by other clubs. Sammy Ameobi for example.
Simply that the rules are that season long loans are done in the transfer window, and the loan window is just for 93 day loans.

The club are in the argus today talking about using the loan window, ie 93 day loans, if they don't get their transfer targets.

Doubt has been introduced. This is not good.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Zamora, Hemed & Murphy are the players brought in to get us more goals than last season. Hitting double the amount of goals we scored (like the three promoted teams) should ensure a very healthy finishing spot. Hopefully the two attacking signings should help. I'm still a Marshall man as I believe the service he'll provide the likes of Hemed and Zamora could be the difference for us. Maybe we'll go back in with £3.5m on Tuesday then sulk off to the loan market if we get blown out again.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I havent got a problem with acouple of season long loans.

Vydra and Bennett for example, i dont think anyone would really be whingeing about that.

It would be nice to have Bennett back but if he was a top target, I think we'd have signed him by now as I don't think Norwich want him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So you wouldn't want Vydra or someone of his class on a season long loan then?
I would want him on a season long loan!

BUT THE CLUB ARE TALKING ABOUT THE LOAN WINDOW !!!

Season long loans CANNOT be done in the loan window.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Simply that the rules are that season long loans are done in the transfer window, and the loan window is just for 93 day loans.

The club are in the argus today talking about using the loan window, ie 93 day loans, if they don't get their transfer targets.

Doubt has been introduced. This is not good.

Well said.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The club are talking about the loan window !

These are not season long loans - which have to be done in the transfer window - but 93 day ones :(

It's a simple case of context. I imagine the club were asked about what happens if they don't get their targets. If we've not confirmed the targets, we can't guarantee we'll get them so we obviously will say the loan window is an option. The club have delivered this window and hopefully they will deliver again before the window shuts. However, the way some people moan on here, you'd think they would want us to throw money at any signing just to say we've bought someone.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
my thoughts exactly, all the previous rumours have been somewhat of a red herring, but who and what position?

Has to be a striker or creative attacking midfielder?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here