Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A suugestion regarding the air crash ....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
We all love NSC and many of us are probably addicted to it ( I know I am ) but I have a suggestion for [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] et al. Let's have a day of silence sponsored by posters. Money goes to REMF who then in turn donate it to the local just giving fund for the victims. We lost some of our own and 1 minute at a match doesn't seem enough.

To encourage people here's the words of Megan ( Jacob's girlfriend ) - I'm sure they will make you cry like I did :

"You were the love of my life and I am sure we would have grown up to get married, had babies and live in Brighton. I’m sure we would have 10 cats too that you would chase about. That will never happen now but I will always love you and you will always be a part of me. I will forever cherish all the memories that we shared."

I'd suggest this Saturday being the shutdown day with just the Shoreham black ribbon image being displayed if anyone goes to www.northstandchat.com - I know it's a match day but life is worth more than football. Short notice I know so maybe another date might be better.

I'll chuck in £20 to get the fund started.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Sounds like a great idea, I'll throw £10 in, when I know in which direction it should be thrown (a just giving link or...?).

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I like the idea. I hate the idea of it being on a match day (sorry).

No need to say sorry - it's an opinion. My thinking behind it was that it needs to be at a high impact point - hardly significant on say a rainy Sussex non-match Monday and that for those that really want news of the team, match, score etc there is always the BBC et al. Happy to take suggestions of an alternative day though.

We all love NSC and many of us are probably addicted to it ( I know I am ) but I have a suggestion for [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] et al. Let's have a day of silence sponsored by posters. Money goes to REMF who then in turn donate it to the local just giving fund for the victims. We lost some of our own and 1 minute at a match doesn't seem enough.

To encourage people here's the words of Megan ( Jacob's girlfriend ) - I'm sure they will make you cry like I did :

"You were the love of my life and I am sure we would have grown up to get married, had babies and live in Brighton. I’m sure we would have 10 cats too that you would chase about. That will never happen now but I will always love you and you will always be a part of me. I will forever cherish all the memories that we shared."

I'd suggest this Saturday being the shutdown day with just the Shoreham black ribbon image being displayed if anyone goes to www.northstandchat.com - I know it's a match day but life is worth more than football. Short notice I know so maybe another date might be better.

I'll chuck in £20 to get the fund started.

I'll match that , Am a Sussex resident as you can see Palace fan but I love the area and get on with most of the people that live here.
I feel for everyone who've lost family and friends at Shoreham, it could have been any of us on our way home Rip to them all.
Please get something sorted soon

I Promise to donate once sorted

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I know Bozza is always busy so copied to all mods just to highlight ( and if it's a crap idea them ignore the thread ) :

I like the idea a lot and am happy to chip in. I think that something like this requires Bozza's agreement. Two reasons: 1) taking the site down for a period of time doesn't strike me as a mod-type decision; it's more like an "owner"-type decision. 2) A "standard" mod doesn't have the software permissions to do what you suggest anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
064624229052c91692dfbcd0eee0bcb2.jpg

A poem to remember them.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And I also like the idea very much as well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How about only people who make donations can view threads on that day?

Or can use NSC, say £10 per registered account to use NSC on the 5th September and all monies donated to the walk ?

Perhaps we could have a live honesty box on the day with a just giving page to donate to use NSC on the 5th September ?

Mind you could be expensive for those with multiple accounts ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hello. I'm just catching up belatedly.

I'm completely happy to go with whatever will raise the most money - pay for silence, pay to read or pay to post etc.

One thing I'm not sure about is this from the opening post "Money goes to REMF who then in turn donate it to the local just giving fund for the victims"

To qualify that, I'm not doubting the fund - I believe the money is to going towards the support of football programmes for children in Worthing. However, I am aware of two other funds:

1. A fund for the families of Matt and Jacob. I know nothing of the circumstances of the two families but direct financial support may be beneficial for them, even for the unexpected expense of the funerals themselves: http://gofundme.com/bh2pr7dm

2. Shoreham Air Show fund to help all those affected by the disaster: https://www.justgiving.com/sussexgiving/

I don't know the answer in terms of where to donate but if I'm being honest, the latter two feel like they could be more appropriate than the REMF collection which is, of course, wonderful.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Or can use NSC, say £10 per registered account to use NSC on the 5th September and all monies donated to the walk ?

Mind you could be expensive for those with multiple accounts ???

Bit of a ballache for someone to organize and collect all the money.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Hello. I'm just catching up belatedly.

I'm completely happy to go with whatever will raise the most money - pay for silence, pay to read or pay to post etc.

One thing I'm not sure about is this from the opening post "Money goes to REMF who then in turn donate it to the local just giving fund for the victims"

To qualify that, I'm not doubting the fund - I believe the money is to going towards the support of football programmes for children in Worthing. However, I am aware of two other funds:

1. A fund for the families of Matt and Jacob. I know nothing of the circumstances of the two families but direct financial support may be beneficial for them, even for the unexpected expense of the funerals themselves: http://gofundme.com/bh2pr7dm

2. Shoreham Air Show fund to help all those affected by the disaster: https://www.justgiving.com/sussexgiving/

I don't know the answer in terms of where to donate but if I'm being honest, the latter two feel like they could be more appropriate than the REMF collection which is, of course, wonderful.

We could donate to one big pot and split the donations three ways.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here