Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greatest fans in the the world under investigation

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"A Football Association (FA) inquiry is under way after concerns over crowd chants at a Portsmouth v Reading game were raised by the referee.

Reading winger Nick Blackman spoke to officials following the incident at Fratton Park on Tuesday.

Hampshire police said it concerned "chanting believed to be directed towards a player from Reading".

The club said it was helping the FA with its inquiries over the League Cup second round clash, won by Reading 2-1.

The FA said it took all allegations "very seriously" but would not specify the nature of the incident.

During a break in play just before half-time, Blackman was seen pointing towards a corner of the ground.

Hampshire Constabulary has a zero tolerance approach towards verbal abuse which could be seen as racist or homophobic in these circumstances, however no individual was identified."

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just spoke to my Pompey mate. Apparently Pompey fans were shouting 'HOOF' every time the Reading team launched it forward. The Reading player has misinterpreted this as monkey chants.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sounds like the seig hiel scandal.

Can't be whiter than white Pompey cheeky characters Shirley?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
The complaint was that they were probably too LOUD. Truly the greatest and most passionate fans in the world.
That has to be it, we're truly lucky to be in the same league system as they are.

The prospect of one day having the honour of hosting them at the AMEX is truly exciting. Sure, it won't measure up to the sheer majesty of Fratton but hopefully they'll be ok slumming it for a bit.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I've been hearing for a year and a half now that the greatest fans in sport are St Louis Cardinal fans. Do I have that correct, Barry?. They actually use it as a team slogan, I believe.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Just spoke to my Pompey mate. Apparently Pompey fans were shouting 'HOOF' every time the Reading team launched it forward. The Reading player has misinterpreted this as monkey chants.

Unbelievable that this wasn't sorted before all concerned went public and made themselves look stupid

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Wouldn't be anything to do with the bodily odour emanating from one bare chested bell ringing bell end Pompey fan would it?????

el punal

I think with our own arrogance and sickly back slapping we must have surpassed pompey and leeds to be the greatest fans in the world:moo:

Only if you managed to eat a pulled pork bap supplied by our wonderful caterers last season. The back slapping certainly stopped me choking but didn't rule out the feeling sickly bit. Not sure where the arrogance comes in though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here