Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we have a song for Chris Hughton?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I have not heard one being sung yet.

Even if just something simple like "There's only Chrissy Hughton" would be good, just to show that we are fully backing him and his team.

I know he has not achieved anything yet, but this has not stopped us creating a songs for managers in the past.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Couldn't we be his Blue n White Army? There's a chance folk at the Amex could learn and remember that!

I thought Tony Bloom owned that song now? As in we sing "Tony Bloom's Blue and White army", and not as in he has gone all megalomaniac and copy wrote it some how.

Last edited:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I've heard 'Chrissy Hughton's Blue & White army' several times at away games this season.

Oh OK, that's good to know. I have only been to the Fulham away game this season and didn't hear it then, that's not to say it wasn't sung.

I do miss Oscar Garcia! Only because he had the best song ever! I did like the 'Spanish Dave' chant too. Short, sweet and simple. Buckley's was good too, and could be adapted for Jamie Murphy, if he can do as good a job? The same could be said of the 'Gus Poyet' song, as this could be adapted for Hughton? Or what about 'We've got Hughton on the line, to the tune of Sam Smith's Money on my mind?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"When Chrissy Hughton came to town
We were a team of benders
But he ain't gay, he picked his team
It's COG and ten defenders."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I do miss Oscar Garcia! Only because he had the best song ever! I did like the 'Spanish Dave' chant too. Short, sweet and simple. Buckley's was good too, and could be adapted for Jamie Murphy, if he can do as good a job? The same could be said of the 'Gus Poyet' song, as this could be adapted for Hughton? Or what about 'We've got Hughton on the line, to the tune of Sam Smith's Money on my mind?

IMO the Oscar song was the most cringeworthy ever. Mainly because 'Joy' and 'away' didn't rhyme or even sound close - awful song!

As for the Buckley song (well, the Benno song) - it would be quite funny to pass it to Murphy just for shits and giggles. Only thing is you'd have to do 'Jamie, Oh Jamie Murphy runs down the wing...' as of course the syllables don't fit..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Song lyrics don't have to rhyme. Unless you are 5.

Erm... not sure how much of a dick / thick / condescending you're being but...

to sound good, most football songs really do - if they're based on an original song where the lyrics rhymed! If you think 'Joy..... never take my Oscar away' sounded good (you are my sunshine) that's your opinion... But I can't see it! Jeez no wonder our 'new songs' are often shite and there's usually an extra syllable in there :lol:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
IMO the Oscar song was the most cringeworthy ever. Mainly because 'Joy' and 'away' didn't rhyme or even sound close - awful song!

As for the Buckley song (well, the Benno song) - it would be quite funny to pass it to Murphy just for shits and giggles. Only thing is you'd have to do 'Jamie, Oh Jamie Murphy runs down the wing...' as of course the syllables don't fit..

As far as I am concerned a good football song is one that is sung loudly and every joins in, rhyme or no rhyme, simple or complicated it doesn't matter.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As far as I am concerned a good football song is one that is sung loudly and every joins in, rhyme or no rhyme, simple or complicated it doesn't matter.

Yep. This was neither really :) For me it's got to sound good too (IMO and thanks for not being condescending :thumbsup:)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here