Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google Chromecast. Transferring what's actually on my screen ?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Can I transfer exactly what's on my iPhone screen ? Not had any real help from YouTube. Got a great football streaming site and just want to transfer it to main tv. I've got Apple tv as well but the AirPlay is playing up at the moment so am looking for an alternative.

Thanks.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Can I transfer exactly what's on my iPhone screen ? Not had any real help from YouTube. Got a great football streaming site and just want to transfer it to main tv. I've got Apple tv as well but the AirPlay is playing up at the moment so am looking for an alternative.

Thanks.

Not sure if you can get XBMC on to Google Chromecast but I bought an amazon fire stick for £18 and then sideloaded xbmc, I get NBCSN in 1080p HD, Fox Sports, Bein sports etc that I can stream to my tv. Been watching all the Prem games and a whole lot more so far this season with no interruptions and great quality. Only downside is Lee Dixon and Tim Howard as co-commentators!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Thanks.

You can do it from a chrome browser on an iPad, so if the chrome browser is available on iPhone, I can't see why not.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne

Thanks.

The short answer to this question is No

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
On android there's a setting for direct screen cast from the phone/tablet. Perhaps there's an app that will do that from iPhone?

Doesn't the YouTube app allow streaming? Both windows with chrome and android apps such as YouTube, have the little Chromecast icon usually on the top right of the screen.

Not sure if you can get XBMC on to Google Chromecast but I bought an amazon fire stick for £18 and then sideloaded xbmc, I get NBCSN in 1080p HD, Fox Sports, Bein sports etc that I can stream to my tv. Been watching all the Prem games and a whole lot more so far this season with no interruptions and great quality. Only downside is Lee Dixon and Tim Howard as co-commentators!

I have a macbook. Can yu explain how you download XBMC (Which I believe is called Kodi now), and then how you stream from Fox Sports etc?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
There are very v good tutorials on Google. Download is easy just download and install. You then need to Google kodi genesis and kodi phoenix and there are YouTube videos showing how to set these up. it is then just a matter of going into video add-ons and into genesis or phoenix and look for the streams.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Basically, Chromecast on iOS is only supported on an app by app basis on iOS. If you're in an app (Youtube, Netflix amongst others) which has that little chromecast symbol in them, you're all good. If not, you're stuffed.

In the Chrome app, you might be able to mirror the webpage, but I'm pretty sure it won't work when you start playing media.

You need an Apple TV to do what you're asking about. And they're much more expensive.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
More info please. I use cricfree on my windows 10 laptop. Would this XBMC Kodi work better for viewing the football feeds?

Absolutely, NBCSN has the premiership rights in the US and Bein show Championship games so you would get better quality for both. download Kodi to any PC and the google how to add a source. you are looking for Vdubt25 and Turks UK streams and how to add them, some very good tutorials to get it up and running. then if you add Genesis and Phoenix too (these are add ons within Kodi) Then you pretty much have access to every tv and movie you would ever want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here