Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Nolan

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Left West Ham "by mutual consent" (aka doing a Leon Best).

[TWEET]636810853858324480[/TWEET]

Could do a job...................................................as a chicken impersonator on kids tv

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
So, Kevin Nolan has left West Ham United.....

Yay or Nay?

Would love him here for a season or two.

Shame we are not in a position to acquire his services in my opinion ;)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Massive respect to whichever Mod merged those threads so quickly. Well played whoever you are. (Nolan still belongs in a comedy chicken suit btw)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He'll go wherever Big Sam gets his next job.
That's exactly what I thought.

Are there any vacancies in the top two divisions at the minute? If there are I'd expect (probably incorrectly) to see the Big Sam/Nolan combination rock up soon.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
He knows how to get a team promoted from this league and for his experience alone he'd be an asset. Speaking to West Ham fans he is the shadow of the rampaging box to box ball winner and goalscorer that he once was and he's lost more than a yard of pace.
I'd still give him a chance with a 1yr loan but I'd imagine the likes of leeds, hull or bolton are more realististic destinations for him.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
He knows how to get a team promoted from this league and for his experience alone he'd be an asset. Speaking to West Ham fans he is the shadow of the rampaging box to box ball winner and goalscorer that he once was and he's lost more than a yard of pace.
I'd still give him a chance with a 1yr loan but I'd imagine the likes of leeds, hull or bolton are more realististic destinations for him.

He doesn't have a club. Not sure a loan deal would be suitable :)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He was the West Ham player who inexplicably gave it the big one all the way along West Stand Lower a few seasons back after Bridcutt tumbled and gave Nolan a free run at the goalie. For that alone Nolan can right royally f*ck off and then when he's finished he can f*ck off some more. I've never gone from complete indifference to wishing bad AIDS on someone so quickly. I've never understood why Nolan felt the need to celebrate a goal against us that way.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Saw him last Saturday, gave him 4/10. But that's just me being generous.

In all seriousness he looked great in The Championship when West Ham were in it for the one season. Interesting that your assessment agrees with the consensus that he's not aging well. If he did play at this level I'd expect him to be much less effective this time round.

(cue him signing for Leeds and getting them promoted)

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
His experience and drive would be a useful asset IMHO. Ok, so he can be a right **** but at this level he could still do a very good job and he has a handy knack of winding the opposition and their supporters up (see posts above).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here