Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What/when was your first away game

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Mine was away to Aldershot in the 3rd round of the FA cup Jan 1967. Crap 0-0 draw but we won the replay 3-1 and drew Chelsea at home in the 4th round. We drew at the Goldstone 1-1 and then followed my 2nd away game at Stamford Bridge in front of about 60,000 people. Got thumped 4-0 but what a night out. To see Osgood, Cooke, Hutchison etc in all their pomp was brilliant.
I was 17 at the time so late away game starter by today's standards. My first home game was 1958 but you didn't' seem travel to away games much in those days.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mine was the FA Cup semi-final at Highbury, at the age of 12.

#Gloryhunter

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Leyton Orient away in the Coca Cola Cup around 1998 I think.

Edit: Turns out it was 18 years ago today.

Tue 26 Aug

Leyton Orient 3 - 1 Brighton & HA League Cup

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ipswich in Feb 1980.

Gary Stevens debut.

Don't do many aways now but am back there on Saturday. From our seats I think it will be round the corner to our left to where we stood. We had a fenced enclosure to the right of the goal. I remember it being sparsely filled - would 500 Albion be about right for those days...?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Away to Walsall sometime in the 70's after a few 0-0 draws when you didn't have penalties but just kept replaying. Can't remember the result or the match, just remember standing under the motorway.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Not counting the FA Cup Semi and Final in 1983... Middlesbrough away in 1991 the year we got into the playoffs... 0-2 and I can still to this day hear the announcer... STUAAAARRRRT RIIIPLEY!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Grimsby , around 1976/77 I think! It was pure coincidence that we were visiting my Uncle who lived in nearby Immingham - genuine coincidence as my Dad was never a footy fan. We stood in the Grimsby end, and as a 7/8 year old I couldn't see a thing. Brighton apparently scored 1st, and I was lifted on my Dads shoulders and and it took me a while to realise we were not in stripes but in green away kit! We lost 2-1 but I didn't see any of it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here