Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grabban walks out on Norwich and gets the train home (from Rotherham)

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Good player but he has an attitude problem. I'm not sure why Bournemouth want to re-sign him as I can't see him scoring goals in the Premier League.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
It's one thing to be frustrated at not being selected, but if it's correct that he walked out then hardly the actions of a model pro. IMO certainly far worse than asking not to play.....

Grabban seems to like regularly agitating for a transfer and/or better deal. Maybe his Agent likes to stir things up too.

OK we could have done with his goals but given his attitude it seems we dodged a bullet. I recall feeling that he just played us to get a better deal at Bournemouth.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Which strangely is what some Fulham fans are saying about Dunk.

But I don't think LD was touting for a move. It was other people who were after him. He and his agent might have used the existing situation, but I don't think he instigated it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
swerved that one then
thanks Burke

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The Grabban hands grab all they can
Everything counts in large amounts

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All for themselves

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The thing which puzzles me is that we were willing to pay £1.1 million (or whatever it was - January 2014 seems quite a time ago now), and our failure to sign him was apparently one of the things that made Garcia want to leave, yet I don't think he is that good a player. I know he scored an absolute sitter of a header in Norwich's away game at Ipswich, but I don't remember him scoring regularly for Norwich. He was presumably going to be Barnes' replacement, yet if we had offered Barnes a decent new contract from the moment we knew Burnley were interested in him, we might have kept him without having to pay a fee. Perhaps it was a good thing that we wouldn't meet his agent's valuation, or TB fell asleep, whichever version was correct.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The thing which puzzles me is that we were willing to pay £1.1 million (or whatever it was - January 2014 seems quite a time ago now), and our failure to sign him was apparently one of the things that made Garcia want to leave, yet I don't think he is that good a player. I know he scored an absolute sitter of a header in Norwich's away game at Ipswich, but I don't remember him scoring regularly for Norwich. He was presumably going to be Barnes' replacement, yet if we had offered Barnes a decent new contract from the moment we knew Burnley were interested in him, we might have kept him without having to pay a fee. Perhaps it was a good thing that we wouldn't meet his agent's valuation, or TB fell asleep, whichever version was correct.

Jeez, a Barnes whinge even now, wake me up when he stops
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Jeez, a Barnes whinge even now, wake me up when he stops
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I thought it was a decent & relevant point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here