Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has Colunga done to CH?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surely he should have been given a bit of game time this season, especially in the Cup games.

He can run with the ball, he can cross the ball and he can take a penalty so why hasn't he been give a chance?? We are not blessed with many players with these attributes

Maybe he is injured, in which case ignore the above :rolleyes:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We want him out so we can free up his wages and spend it on someone better. i agree with this approach.

Sadly because of his wages we are probably stuck with him and C'OG like we were with Kemi.

Thanks Burke. Thanks a BUNCH.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We want him out so we can free up his wages and spend it on someone better. i agree with this approach.

Sadly because of his wages we are probably stuck with him and C'OG like we were with Kemi.

Giving him a chance to show what he can do is probably a better way to raise interest in him, but what do I know?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He is no good and not suited to English football is probably the main reason.

His attitude pre season friendlies wont of helped.

Need to get rid , if he is a serious option for us this year then that isn't a good sign.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Ridiculous that he has not started the cup games. In my opinion he's a talented footballer and would certainly have made a difference yesterday. If he's fit, why not use him even if he doesn't figure in our long term plans. We're paying the guys wages, we hired him to play football, so why not use him? Makes no sense. He might just have had a great game and changed the manager's opinion of him.

Stumpy Tim

He is no good and not suited to English football is probably the main reason.

His attitude pre season friendlies wont of helped.

Need to get rid , if he is a serious option for us this year then that isn't a good sign.

What attitude is that? He seemed to do ok pre-season, and even CH said he was being very professional & training well

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Surely he should have been given a bit of game time this season, especially in the Cup games.

He can run with the ball, he can cross the ball and he can take a penalty so why hasn't he been give a chance?? We are not blessed with many players with these attributes

Maybe he is injured, in which case ignore the above :rolleyes:

100% agree.

Although a different type of player, his movement is better than O'Grady.

We were happy to play CMS down the middle and his first touch was shocking, so struggling to see why Colunga wasn't given a go.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I think he's a talented footballer but without doubt he has struggled here. It's just too physical a league I would say.The Championship is a lot about power and pressure and physicality and often there's not a huge amount of skill involved. It's probably a bit too much for him and he would get on much better back in Spain. I used to live over there and I think they don't travel well either the Spaniards. The typical bloke over there is very family orientated, home bodys really. They don't like to stray too far and aren't great travellers. I imagine he's quite homesick and has been for quite sometime

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

So with this way of thinking, do you agree with a players approach when they refuse to play because another team is interested in signing them?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I think he's a talented footballer but without doubt he has struggled here. It's just too physical a league I would say.The Championship is a lot about power and pressure and physicality and often there's not a huge amount of skill involved. It's probably a bit too much for him and he would get on much better back in Spain. I used to live over there and I think they don't travel well either the Spaniards. The typical bloke over there is very family orientated, home bodys really. They don't like to stray too far and aren't great travellers. I imagine he's quite homesick and has been for quite sometime

An argument which ignores the fact that there are loads of Spaniards happily plying their trade in England. It ignores the fact that most of the Spaniards who have come to us have loved it, and had a successful time.

It's almost as silly an idea as your recent one that all Germans are annoying, and have an irritating look about them.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
An argument which ignores the fact that there are loads of Spaniards happily plying their trade in England. It ignores the fact that most of the Spaniards who have come to us have loved it, and had a successful time.

It's almost as silly an idea as your recent one that all Germans are annoying, and have an irritating look about them.

It's not, you're typical Spaniard does not like to travel in general. They holiday in their own country, have close knit families. I know lots of them. So you think he's really happy here? Seems to me that he's not at all, he wants to get back home. We don't the inner workings of his mind but everything points to that. It's much more likely than the club have said we don't want you, there most likely have been conversations about this sort of thing. He's already been back on loan there.

And yes Germans are ducking annoying as a whole, sorry if you're Grandmother was from there and you hold a flame for them still

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Thank god for that imagine what might have happened if the Spanish could have mustered the largest navy on the planet or attempted to take over South America, luckily they were all being tucked up in bed by their mums.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Thank god for that imagine what might have happened if the Spanish could have mustered the largest navy on the planet or attempted to take over South America, luckily they were all being tucked up in bed by their mums.

It's not really relevant now is it. Centuries later. I'm talking about the people that currently live there. Lethargic of name, lethargic of nature

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
Ridiculous that he has not started the cup games. In my opinion he's a talented footballer and would certainly have made a difference yesterday. If he's fit, why not use him even if he doesn't figure in our long term plans. We're paying the guys wages, we hired him to play football, so why not use him? Makes no sense. He might just have had a great game and changed the manager's opinion of him.

Don't get why everyone has decided he's useless. I thought he looked one of the brighter players under Hyppia - admittedly that's very faint praise, but I felt he did enough to earn a chance to prove himself in the team now we're out of that downward spiral. Obviously he has had problems with homesickness or whatever, but if he was able to play for us pre-season then what's happened since?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't get why everyone has decided he's useless. I thought he looked one of the brighter players under Hyppia - admittedly that's very faint praise, but I felt he did enough to earn a chance to prove himself in the team now we're out of that downward spiral. Obviously he has had problems with homesickness or whatever, but if he was able to play for us pre-season then what's happened since?

The 'problems with homesickness' were refuted in pre-season. We have a lot of players. They can't all play.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Erm...because if he gets injured in a meaningless cup game then we won't be able to shift him in the window?
Seems pretty obvious.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It's not, you're typical Spaniard does not like to travel in general. They holiday in their own country, have close knit families. I know lots of them. So you think he's really happy here? Seems to me that he's not at all, he wants to get back home. We don't the inner workings of his mind but everything points to that. It's much more likely than the club have said we don't want you, there most likely have been conversations about this sort of thing. He's already been back on loan there.

And yes Germans are ducking annoying as a whole, sorry if you're Grandmother was from there and you hold a flame for them still

Talk about racial stereotyping! That's like reading your post and concluding all Brits are dunderheads.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Yep, I think Colunga may be homesick. But I don't think that this proves that Spaniards in general get homesick.

And no, My dear old Gran wasn't German. But I have found German people to be welcoming, friendly and generally chilled. In a nutshell, they are very easy to get on with.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Talk about racial stereotyping! That's like reading your post and concluding all Brits are dunderheads.

It's from living there and knowing them. Meeting hundreds if not thousands of them. To be honest though if you were a Spaniard living in Benidorm you would conclude that all Brits are dunderheads :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here