Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] ROSENIOR: WE WIN AND LOSE AS A TEAM

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion full-back Liam Rosenior refused to blame Chris O’Grady for missing from the penalty spot during Albion’s Capital One Cup exit at Walsall.O’Grady had the chance to restore Albion’s lead in the second half after winning the penalty himself, but saw his effort from 12 yards go over the bar.
Rosenior said, “We’re all disappointed to be out of the cup, especially with our first-half display and the chances we created.
“In terms of the performance it was one of our better ones, but we didn’t take advantage of the chances we created and we conceded two goals. By our standards, we’re better than that so all in all it’s been a disappointing evening for us as we thought we could go quite far in the competition.
“Chris has shown a big enough character to take the penalty. We’ve all missed them, so no blame goes to him, and we lose as a team.
“With the team spirit we’ve got, there’s no point in pointing fingers at individuals because it’s a team performance and we’re here to be successful together.
“We’ve been the superior team in most of the games we’ve played this season, but you never know what might happen and if you can’t get that second goal then you’re always in danger of conceding at the other end.
“It’s been a very good start overall, which is why we’re so disappointed with the result. The good thing is that whenever you have a bad result, you have a chance to quickly bounce back in the Championship.
“We’ve got a top-of-the-table game - albeit very early in the season - against Ipswich and we’ll all be raring to go. Hopefully we can bounce back on Saturday.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Rosenior will also hope to play a part in the game at Portman Road having been utilised from the substitutes' bench in Albion’s league fixtures this season.“Bruno’s been fantastic on the right and Gaetan [Bong] on the left, but I know my qualities and I know in this division I’m one of the top right-backs.
“It has been hard not to play, so I wanted to show my qualities tonight, and I’m sure in the coming weeks and months I’ll get a chance to impress.”
[h=3]ALBION V HULL CITY*
[/h]SATURDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM UNITED*
[/h]SATURDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF CITY
[/h]SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here