Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christian Walton

Ignorant Fan

Aug 24, 2015
According to a Bury fan KLOOT

Now that we're in league one, have Carrington, play good football etc etc., should we not be strengthening our links with Man C And Man U. Surely they have a decent under 21 keeper we could use. Plus a rapid right winger whilst we're at it?!

Many Brighton fans including myself wanting him to remain here and fight for the number one spot this season, yet so many Bury fans think they should be looking for better.???

http://www.gigglane.com/showthread.php/27090-New-keeper-in-!/page7

Lovely stuff. Tiny club thinking that a new training ground, and playing some pretty football in the lower leagues. suddenly makes them into Barcelona...

Great signing for Bury. Can't believe their fans are uninspired. Not long ago Man City and Arsenal were after him but he opted to stay with us. I would much rather have Walton as our number 1 over Stockdale. Let's hope he comes back even better.

Now lets make some signings!!

Hah. He'll be their best player by a MILE.

Ignorant fans, Just because we arent in the prem doesnt mean we do not have SOME talented players. I would imagine they would also turn there nose up at March and Rea if they were sent out on loan.

They have been moaning about signing him and wanting some unknown guy called Pope, i promise you that Walton is about 50 times better than Pope could ever be, Walton im pretty certain will play for England and also the premiership, he played 3 really good games for us last year and was exceptional in game vs tottenham in the cup.
If Bury dont appreciate the talent they have got they shouldnt have got him in the first place.
Ps personally i wish he was number 1 for us this year.

You lot should be Premier League scouts!

Anyway, what's the fastest way to brighton.....? I'd like to drive this guy back until he reaches the expected potential.

andy46

Mar 22, 2012
incredible what a bunch of deluded idiots ----prats like that will tear the club to bits ------well there's always man u + c to follow --send Walton back you lot don't deserve him !

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Anyway, what's the fastest way to brighton.....? I'd like to drive this guy back until he reaches the expected potential.

For what it's worth I'm going to go out totally on a limb here and say, I totally understand what your are saying,

If it was Brighton in League 1 and not Bury, I'm sure I would probably us borrow a young keeper from a Premier League side than a struggling Championship One, especially as Christian seems to be shipping quite a few goals at the moment. After all I'm sure 99.9% of you Bury fans had never heard of him before.
I'm also amazed that someone has said on another thread that they are pretty certain he would play for England, incredible that he should think that after just three first team games!

That said though, from what I have seen of young Christian he seems like a fine prospect, and hopefully he will prove you wrong and his performances will improve. I wish you well..

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Y
For what it's worth I'm going to go out totally on a limb here and say, I totally understand what your are saying,

If it was Brighton in League 1 and not Bury, I'm sure I would probably us borrow a young keeper from a Premier League side than a struggling Championship One, especially as Christian seems to be shipping quite a few goals at the moment. After all I'm sure 99.9% of you Bury fans had never heard of him before.
I'm also amazed that someone has said on another thread that they are pretty certain he would play for England, incredible that he should think that after just three first team games!

That said though, from what I have seen of young Christian he seems like a fine prospect, and hopefully he will prove you wrong and his performances will improve. I wish you well..

He has played for England.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I saw the highlights of Bury's 3-3 game against Crewe on Saturday. It didn't look as though Walton was at fault for any of those goals. He did make a few howlers in the previous game when they shipped four.
As HKFC has said, I'm glad Walton is learning his trade with Bury. They -- including [MENTION=33448]Ignorant Fan[/MENTION] --- will have to take the rough with the smooth. My prediction is that there will be more smooth than rough. And one last point: he played two Championship games last season, and only conceded one goal, which was a precision header from Gestede, who's doing alright in the PL at present. Perhaps Bury need to sort their defence/defensive set-up to help him out?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Sort your back-line out and you'll concede less goals.
You've currently got an Under 20 International Keeper on your books. Use him properly.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010

Great bit of work by our development team sending Walton to Bury f.c they obviously did there homework to find a team where the lad would get plenty of experience to develop his undoubted talent , the lad needs to be playing behind a leaky defense what would be the point of sending him to quality side like Bolton for example

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It was obvious all along that Walton would make mistakes. He is a young goalkeeper learning his trade. Maybe the people who moaned about him being loaned out and said he should be number one this season might like to change their mind given he's conceded a few at Bury and Stockdale has started the season very well. Or maybe not.

Walton will be number one here in a year or two but he needs regular football to learn and improve. Hopefully this is what will happen at Bury and he will do well for them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here