Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RE: Minute of silence vs Walsall FC

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
RE: Minute of silence vs Walsall FC

I've been asked to post this on behalf of some of the lads at Worthing United. They're hoping that some of the people attending the game tonight will get footage of the minutes silence and send it to the club:

Hello everyone,

As I'm sure most of you are aware, we at Worthing United FC lost two of our players tragically last weekend during the Shoreham Airshow disaster. Everyone at the club has been deeply touched by the reaction of the wider football community and how it has rallied around and offered its support and condolences to everyone affected. We feel that this is an incredible tribute to two humble, unassuming, incredibly generous and popular young men who would have never have expected such a response and we thank everyone for their kind words and goodwill.

The football league have asked all league clubs to participate in a minutes silence as a show of respect for those that passed away on Saturday. As a club, we would be eternally grateful if anyone attending these games would be good enough to record footage of this and pass it onto us. We are hoping to collate all of the videos and pictures so we will always have that moment when a nation of football supporters came together to remember two of our own.

Please send whatever footage you can to either the email or twitter account below.

Thank you again,

From all at Worthing United.
WorthingUtdFC@Hotmail.com
[MENTION=14950]worthing[/MENTION]UtdFC

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
@Bradders is on his way to the game. Have sent him a message to let him know and ask him to make people going to the game aware.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've been asked to post this on behalf of some of the lads at Worthing United. They're hoping that some of the people attending the game tonight will get footage of the minutes silence and send it to the club:

Hello everyone,

As I'm sure most of you are aware, we at Worthing United FC lost two of our players tragically last weekend during the Shoreham Airshow disaster. Everyone at the club has been deeply touched by the reaction of the wider football community and how it has rallied around and offered its support and condolences to everyone affected. We feel that this is an incredible tribute to two humble, unassuming, incredibly generous and popular young men who would have never have expected such a response and we thank everyone for their kind words and goodwill.

The football league have asked all league clubs to participate in a minutes silence as a show of respect for those that passed away on Saturday. As a club, we would be eternally grateful if anyone attending these games would be good enough to record footage of this and pass it onto us. We are hoping to collate all of the videos and pictures so we will always have that moment when a nation of football supporters came together to remember two of our own.

Please send whatever footage you can to either the email or twitter account below.

Thank you again,

From all at Worthing United.
WorthingUtdFC@Hotmail.com
[MENTION=14950]worthing[/MENTION]UtdFC

Have you put this on messageboards of all the Clubs involved in the League Cup tonight?

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Have you put this on messageboards of all the Clubs involved in the League Cup tonight?

It's happening as we speak. We have asked the Football League for help too (and they've been incredibly helpful). Trouble is, they're having a meeting tonight to discuss what's best but as the games are on tonight we have to act fast.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm going tonight (setting off in a bit) I will only have my iPhone and will record from the stands, so it might not be great? I'm sure if you emailed Paul Barber the club would be able to sort something out too.

Please also pass on my deepest condolences.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
I'm going tonight (setting off in a bit) I will only have my iPhone and will record from the stands, so it might not be great? I'm sure if you emailed Paul Barber the club would be able to sort something out too.

Please also pass on my deepest condolences.

Thank you for your kind words. I have to say that from the perspective of Worthing United FC, absolutely everyone at Brighton and Hove Albion has been magnificent.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Have you contacted the broadcasting company who have the rights to show the games? They might be able to put something together from all the matches?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Will there also be a minutes silence ahead of the game on Saturday? Deepest condolences to those who tragically lost their lives on Saturday afternoon

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Have you contacted the broadcasting company who have the rights to show the games? They might be able to put something together from all the matches?

Channel 5 have the rights now

Will there also be a minutes silence ahead of the game on Saturday? Deepest condolences to those who tragically lost their lives on Saturday afternoon

Not this Saturday, but the club are dedicating the Hull game to the victims

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here