Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] GREER EAGER TO PROGRESS

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion skipper Gordon Greer stressed the importance of progression in the Capital One Cup, but is guarding against complacency ahead of a potentially tricky tie at Walsall tonight.The Scot says the squad are eager to replicate a similar run to last season when they faced Tottenham Hotspur in round four, but is under no illusions at the difficult task facing them.
He said, “They’re doing well, as are we, and it will be a tough game. It’s a really important game for us, we want to do well in the cup and we’re focusing on that now.
“The earlier rounds have tricky ties and it’s not easy to go to Southend or Walsall - as we found, a lot of Championship teams slipped out of the cup.
“For the players and supporters, you’re looking to keep going and get a good draw at the end of it.
“The game against Tottenham last year was a big one. We obviously had a disappointing league campaign and our main focus is to improve on that this year.
“We’re not hiding the fact that we want Premier League football, so that’s our main focus, but these games are great for the squad and we’ll try to win it.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

uwe-l229-2640239.jpg
“He’s [Uwe] settled in well. It’s difficult when you get thrown in at the deep end, but that’s happened and he’s coped very well - he’s a good lad.“These things always take time, but on the same hand when you are thrown in like that, you just get on with it. He speaks good English, which is important, and he’s obviously been playing for a long time.
murphy-170815-l229-2626524.jpg

“Jamie was here for a few days and then he came on against Huddersfield and started against Blackburn. I thought he did really well. He’s someone that was on the club’s radar for a while and has shown a lot of people why the club were interested in signing him.”
The Albion captain earned another call up to the Scotland squad this week, for their upcoming Euro 2016 qualifiers against Georgia and reigning world champions, Germany, and he is looking forward to linking up with his international team-mates.
“It’s fantastic to be involved and every time I go there I’m delighted to be a part of it and hopefully I can get another chance to play.
“We’ve got a great group of players and everyone gets on well. A lot of the boys keep in touch with each other throughout the season. It’s a good group and I’m delighted to be a part of it.”
[h=3]ALBION V HULL CITY*
[/h]SATURDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM UNITED*
[/h]SATURDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF CITY
[/h]SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here