Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New £4.75m Ricoh Arena station can take up to 75 passengers per hour

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
What an astounding waste of money. The comments section does make for some good reading though.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
From those stories, I can't see any mention of any purpose for having the station there other than for events at the stadium.

What on earth were they thinking if they've always known, as stated, that there would only be one 75 seat train an hour?

Surely there's another similar one in the other direction, raising the capacity to 150 per hour? :lol:

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So what was the point of building the station there. Won't be much fun of you're 76th in the queue.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On the plus side, it'll help the cleaners and other stadium staff to get there on non-match days.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
You'd get more than 75 on a double-decker bus!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I feel there's an opportunity there

ricoh.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
a pedent notes one carriage does not make a train.

brilliant mis-coordination, original plan suggests 6 car specials on match days, but apparently no thought to check if this is possible/practical to supply. seems they didnt electricfy the route so are limited to using diesels.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Good grief, I can't believe every modern-ish DMU in the country is currently leased out.

What a shambles, and makes you appreciate the Amex's use of Falmer Station much more.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here