Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster-Caskey, March and Walton all in England Under 21s

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The u21 are allowed a few players that are over by a few years which is why Ings is in there, I'm not sure exactly how many they are allowed

They are only allowed players over 21 if they were 21 at a certain time e.g. when qualification began. I don't know the exact rules/timings but I seem to remember at a tournament a few years ago a couple of players who were 23 were still eligible.

3 i believe

That's for the Development League, not national teams. You are allowed as many as you like over 21 so long as they were 21 at a specified time.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Ings is not in the squad as he is no longer eligible.

I don't think there are any over 21s in the squad since the first qualifier isn't until September.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Great news for the players.

But indicative as to why the England U21's won't win anything.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The u21 are allowed a few players that are over by a few years which is why Ings is in there, I'm not sure exactly how many they are allowed

3 i believe

There is no limit to the number of over age players. A player is eligible for the Under 21 teams if they are under 21 on January 1st of the year the qualification process starts for the major tournament (we are just about to start qualification for the Euro 2017 Championships). So they have to have been born on or before January 1st 1994 to play.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here