Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man United and the £140million bid for a player

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Tweeted by:

"Transfer News Live
@DeadlineDayLive"

"Manchester United have made a colossal £140m bid for Neymar, according to reports in Brazil."

(Source: Daily Mirror)

And The Sun is reporting this:

"Manchester United are willing to spend £240m on a deal for Barcelona's Brazil forward Neymar, 23."

:mad:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
"Manchester United have made a colossal £140m bid for Neymar, according to reports in Brazil."

"Manchester United are willing to spend £240m on a deal for Barcelona's Brazil forward Neymar, 23."

Bid £140m but said they were willing to pay £240m?

I'm no David Dickinson but I would suggest that those are poor bartering skills.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
If true, what a joke. Is Neymar that much of a guaranteed success? Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez (although he carries baggage) I'd say it wasn't a risk. Stupid money.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
FFP? or is this now dead or does next seasons TV deal permit this silly money bid. Based on bid what would wages be £300k a week?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
FFS! Don't let this be true. Has the World gone feckin mad? I don't want to give the impression I'm Mother Theresa, I'm as some of you will know, far from that. But when you realise the amazing life changing or even life saving opportunities this sort of cash could offer really worthy causes, it would be a monumental disgrace.
I'm sure this can't be true..... though of course it will only be a matter of time before it is, unless Sky, BT etc pull the plug. :mad:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirts, sponsorship, world wide media.

These figures aren't plucked out of nowhere.
Singing Naymar is a licence to print money.
Sure they'll have to print a lot to get a profit, but Utd won't have time to count the money coming in.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
£140m for a player who's not even the second best striker at Barcelona! And the least suited to playing in England I reckon.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Non story.

Neymar will sign a new contract this week or next, it's all just agent talk to ensure Barca offer him the best deal. Seen that said by a fair few fairly 'in the know' sources - believe Guillem Balague was one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here