Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does keeping Dunk effect our ability to sign another forward and wide man ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am delighted but surprised Dunk has signed.

Will we now only be interested in a loan forward and wide man, rather than spending 3 million on Marshall for example ... ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes it does affect our ability to sign these players. We've locked in a £5 million defender for 5 years, what ambitious player wouldn't be interested in talking to 2nd-place Albion now?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Maybe bring back Ulloa on a season loan, as he's fallen out of favour at Leicester.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am delighted but surprised Dunk has signed.

Will we now only be interested in a loan forward and wide man, rather than spending 3 million on Marshall for example ... ?

Well we've only got 8 days to find out, but I don't think it'll stop us bringing in the 2 signings we want, or necessarily price us out of any particular player we were targeting.

Of course it will reduce the amount left in the overall budget, maybe 10K per week, which means a 500K reduced budget for the year.

This may equate to not being able to get a 93 day loan later in the season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I would think that as we post negotiations are continuing to bring in more players either bought or on loan.

You feeling alright? You said something positive for a change.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm assuming that the retaining of Dunk has been factored in the figures.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A loan for Ulloa ticks a lot of boxes. A loan for Teixeira also ticks a lot of boxes. Zamora, Ulloa, Teixeira, Lua Lua together?

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
I wouldn't think so. We know that we need another winger, no.10 and a striker so if we needed to sell for more funds we would have done. Although Dunk is probably our best centre back we are strong in that area so could easily have let him go and used the money for the needed areas.

To me that suggests we have money to spend still and are confident in landing our targets (I hope) And if our targets happen to be loans then thats probably because they are deemed better players than what we could afford on a permanent deal anyway.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Didn't Bournemouth do this with Grabban? Player stays after all on improved contract then moves on for even bigger fee?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Didn't Bournemouth do this with Grabban? Player stays after all on improved contract then moves on for even bigger fee?
Yes, but if that were the strategy the club wouldn't have made such a big thing about Dunk staying.

Of course there could still be a MASSIVE unexpected bid from the PL this window, but that could happen for any other player as well.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Who knows? This transfer window has been full of pleasant surprises - we have shipped out some high earners, been very clever with the players we have bought in, not spent a fortune on transfer fees so far so anything could happen. I expect more excitements in the next 8 days but certainly will not be disappointed if nothing else happens, but I am sure there ar emore to come. Happy days!

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
The club bid £3m for Marshall whilst knowing (hoping) that Dunk would not be leaving. So I think that the funds are still there to strengthen our attacking options. I think we will sign another striker, another attacking wide player and a number 10 / attacking midfielder.

Should be an exciting last week of the transfer window. The only player that I am worried might get poached from us is Kayal. He is the player that makes us tick. I would love to know how the Derby scout watched a few BHA games and then recommended Stephens over Kayal.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The club bid £3m for Marshall whilst knowing (hoping) that Dunk would not be leaving. So I think that the funds are still there to strengthen our attacking options. I think we will sign another striker, another attacking wide player and a number 10 / attacking midfielder.

Should be an exciting last week of the transfer window. The only player that I am worried might get poached from us is Kayal. He is the player that makes us tick. I would love to know how the Derby scout watched a few BHA games and then recommended Stephens over Kayal.

If we're not letting dunk go, we're not letting kayal go. He is by far our best and most important player (in my opinion).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here