Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Series Of Blackadder?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
"Very Likely" according to Sir Tony Robinson as quoted here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...eries-tony-robinson_n_8026740.html?1440323682

Now, I absolutely love Blackadder but I would be a bit dubious about bringing it back after all this time. Of course the talents of the cast aren't in question, but it's been 26 years since the last full series and 15 since the last one-off special (Blackadder Back & Forth)...I'm just not sure whether it'd work now, although I'd love it if it did.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
it was 26 years since the last full series, and 15 since the last episodes? I suddenly feel very old.

really hope that if this is brought back, that it is done properly. The OFAH episodes after they became millionaires were absolute rubbish; yet the Royle family came back with some great comedy moments.

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
Fruto, you are on it tonight :lolol:

Without Rik, it would be shit.

Still, unlike the missus I loved Red Dwarf X and am gagging for XI and XII so what do I know?

(yes, yes, mouth sodding your shut)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Isn't it meant to be about a rock band with a drummer called Bald Rick ?..

rick.jpg :moo:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
They should set it in the 1980's. Blackadder could be a comedian writing a sitcom.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very nervous about this being bad...

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Without Rik, it would be shit.

Rik Mayall, excellent though he was, was a relatively minor character.
Appeared in one episode in season 4, not at all in season 3, one episode in season 2, and one episode in the first series.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Rik Mayall, excellent though he was, was a relatively minor character.
Appeared in one episode in season 4, not at all in season 3, one episode in season 2, and one episode in the first series.

Lord Flash, Minor ? Not with a canoe in his pocket he wasn't....(do take your point though, most of the best scenes involved some or all of Atkinson, Fry, Robinson and Lawrie)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here