Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help needed regarding plane crash! Contacts in Thailand required.

A-G-B-H-A-F-C

Dec 23, 2011
Hi there,

Alot of you are most probably aware that it was confirmed today that Maurice Abrahams was one of those killed in the plane crash on saturday. I am a very good friend of his son Ed and unfortuneately Ed is currently living out in Thailand without a phone so he is yet to be contacted regarding what has happend. He usually calls home on a thursday from a pay phone. His family a trying everything to track him down and have even contacted the Thai police who are currently searching for him. He was in the Hua Hin area of the country just a few days ago. I know its a long shot but if anyone on here knows of someone currently in that area of Thailand could you please give me their contact details to see if they can help track him down. The last thing his family or any of his friends want is for him to find out of his fathers death through facebook or the internet.

Thanks!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Got friends in Bangkok, I will find out if they know anyone in that area, dont think they do but see what I can do.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Hi there,

Alot of you are most probably aware that it was confirmed today that Maurice Abrahams was one of those killed in the plane crash on saturday. I am a very good friend of his son Ed and unfortuneately Ed is currently living out in Thailand without a phone so he is yet to be contacted regarding what has happend. He usually calls home on a thursday from a pay phone. His family a trying everything to track him down and have even contacted the Thai police who are currently searching for him. He was in the Hua Hin area of the country just a few days ago. I know its a long shot but if anyone on here knows of someone currently in that area of Thailand could you please give me their contact details to see if they can help track him down. The last thing his family or any of his friends want is for him to find out of his fathers death through facebook or the internet.

Thanks!
I have a friend who lives in Bangkok but only have contact with him via Facebook if that is any help. He is an Albion supporter and am sure he would do anything he could

APalace Fan

Jan 6, 2015
Hi there,

Thanks!

If he's a Brighton fan surely there's a possibility he could check into this forum for an update etc. and find out the grim news from this post.

I do hope not.

RIP all those lost.

A-G-B-H-A-F-C

Dec 23, 2011
Yeah It could be worth a try. I already have a friend over there who is currently travelling to Hua Hin to help try find him. Thanks for the help so far though!

A-G-B-H-A-F-C

Dec 23, 2011
He isn't a football fan at all. I wouldn't normally post things like this online but it's all a little desperate to be honest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can't offer any help. But I wish you all the best.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Yeah just get whoever to change the subject title. Sorry I'm just desperately trying to find him.

I know you may have already explored this, but have the Foreign Office got involved ?

A-G-B-H-A-F-C

Dec 23, 2011
I believe his sister is currently in the process of going through the foreign office at the moment. With the local police, tourist and Thai residents all looking for him hopefully it's only a matter of time.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I believe his sister is currently in the process of going through the foreign office at the moment. With the local police, tourist and Thai residents all looking for him hopefully it's only a matter of time.

Good, because they are a vehicle of pressure in such cases. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
It's a struggle to keep this thread on Page 1! There were several promising responses in the first hour last night but since then, nothing, despite it being bounced early lunchtime.

:bounce:

A-G-B-H-A-F-C

Dec 23, 2011
Just a little update. Ed still hasn't been contacted despite his family and friends trying everything. He usually calls home on a Thursday so it is likely this will be when he might find out. Can't even imagine how difficult that phone call is going to be. Just want to say thanks to everyone on here for their help so far. Just goes to prove what amazing fans we have at this football club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here