Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm hearing some big BHA news this evening...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
you are the 2nd poster to mention this

Very excited

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wel well well. 4 first class defenders !

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
****ing great news. I never wanted to lose him. Our best defender by miles.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Brighton & Hove Albion defender Lewis Dunk has committed his long-term future to the club, by signing a new five-year contract that will run until June 2020.

The 23-year-old, who graduated through the club's youth and under-21 teams, agreed the new extended terms earlier today.

Dunk said, "I am absolutely delighted to commit my long-term future to the club. I know there has been a lot of speculation, but I have been with this club for a long time and genuinely had little desire to go anywhere else.

"The manager and club made it clear that they see me as an important part of the club's future, and seeing that desire to keep me here at the club made it an easy decision in the end.

"The constant speculation in the media was something new and something I am not really used to, but I am pleased to put it behind me and be able to concentrate on my football again.

"My focus now is to help the club continue the excellent start we have made to the new season, and ultimately to help Brighton & Hove Albion achieve the club's aim of playing football in the Premier League."

Manager Chris Hughton added, "We made it clear to Lewis and that both the club and I saw him as a key player for us and a big part of this club's future.

"For me, as manager, what is really encouraging was the desire shown by the club to extend his contract - given the level of interest from elsewhere.

"We have made it consistently clear throughout this transfer window that we wanted to keep hold of our best players, and I know that isn't always easy when clubs with much bigger resources than ours express an interest in our players.

"That is our aim, to enhance and build on what we have here, and with that in mind, I would like to thank the club, and in particular the chairman Tony Bloom, for ensuring Lewis's long-term future with us.

"Lewis has been fantastic for me from the first moment I came into the football club, and with the additions in that area it means we are now very strong in the defensive part of the squad and team."
via
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/new-brighton-hove-albion-deal-for-lewis-dunk-2644627.aspx

D

Deleted member 2719

I rate Dunk but I thought we had bought a 20 goal striker, over hyped thread IMO.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Wow.

I must admit to being extremely surprised (and pleased) I thought that with the bringing in of two decent CBs, that Dunk was sure to leave. Last year we had 4 CBs and Hughes hardly got a game. We really are spoilt for choice in central defence.

It was also clear that we couldn't match the wages Dunk was going to get elsewhere, so I was convinced he was off.

Does him not leaving mean that we don't have the cash to bring in an attacking midfielder?

Hope he plays, and plays well, tomorrow night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here