Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky TV Help

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Hoping someone on here could clear this up as it's doing my canister in...

Signed up for Sky TV and broadband following someone on here putting a link up to redeem a code for half price Sky for a year. Deal itself is top draw getting broadband, line rental, all the sky channels and multiroom for about £45 a month. Had the broadband put in last Monday and got them coming tomorrow to do the actual TV boxes etc. Now I have received a letter today with a 'summary of your (my) package' which has a confusing breakdown of costs minus what I saved etc etc and then last of all it says 'Sky+HD £299' and 'Sky HD Box £99' - now I am hoping these are the RRP costs of the devices because I have not been told about them coming in my direction (nor do I have any intention of paying...).

Anyone else had this and know what to expect? Or better yet anyone work for Sky can put my mind at ease and confirm I am not about to be fleeced for nearly £400?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Wow, £45 is cheap. My bill for the lot was £117 until I renegotiated. So your first box (Sky+ HD) should be free. They do charge for the second though. The £99 box looks not to be Sky+ (recordable). I'd check ebay for a second hand Sky+ box. Of course you could call them to confirm all of this.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Already got a second box mate so if push comes to shove I can tell em to do one if they are charging. More worried about the £299 they are bandying around. Why they can't just give me a simple itemised bill I have no idea.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I would be very surprised if they charged you. I got all the equipment and installation done for a tenner.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'd make the call just to confirm what you are paying for. Don't mention you have a box unless they do charge, which I'm sure they will for that second unit. First box is always free. Even the £20 month cheap bundle gets a free box.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Can't get through to them at the moment. Waiting time is 20 minutes.

Cheers for the responses.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Was on phone an hour and ten today got 35% of today for 8 months contract for twelve now paying £47 a month But the better deal was for me to cancel our sky (wife's account) then start again with me new customer new box new everything including movies which I don't have for £48 how crazy is that

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
image.jpg

I'm hoping that they are just sticking it on there to let me know how much they are worth... My concern is the Sky Hub showing as £0.00 - why would they put that on there if they aren't going to bill me for the rest? Up until now they haven't said shit all about having to pay for the boxes.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Was on phone an hour and ten today got 35% of today for 8 months contract for twelve now paying £47 a month But the better deal was for me to cancel our sky (wife's account) then start again with me new customer new box new everything including movies which I don't have for £48 how crazy is that
You can get much better deal than that. If you are happy with that then that's all that matters really.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here