Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Groundstaff

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just seeing that badge on these guys who lost their lives...its indescribable. Jacob playing in that Albion kit, and Matt in his Albion hoody. Any loss of life in such circumstances is tragic, but seeing and knowing that they were one of us just brings it home and make it a more personal loss, even though I never knew them. Rightly or wrongly, and I don't really know why, but finding that out today has made the whole thing ten times worse for me, just finding out that they were Albion.

RIP gents. You will never be forgotten.

DavePage

Three good looking guys in the prime of their life, great pictures of them smiling and obviously proud to wear our badge in whatever capacity, that’s not to say that the other victims weren't equally beautiful and wonderful people.
I am here in Canada, enjoying my life, listening to player(when it works) enjoying the excitement of Blue Jay baseball, which amazes me that you can go to a sporting event for just $11, not sure if I will ever see the beloved Seagulls again, my family say I should go back and see the Amex, I find it hard to indulge myself when there are always bills to be paid? and what if they lost on my visit,,,,,I would be gutted beyond belief…..But that is my choice.
Sadly the victims don’t have that choice, their love for BHAFC or more importantly life in general gone, in a click of a finger, gone.
Saturday I was reading the board, sky news online, twitter anything….player broke up a couple of times (often when it appears important, exciting moments),…it didn’t seem to matter.
the same Sunday, the Jays are brilliant, but my iPhone ran out of battery because i was keeping up with Shoreham
I lived on Old Shoreham Road in Southwick, my team lived on Old Shoreham Road FFS, (thanks Archer, btw).
This weekend I have tried to follow the commentary, gone to work (twice), tried to be a family man and tried to write this….each time with a tear in my eye.
Sussex is a beautiful place, the people there are strong but caring, time to pull together and if the boys in blue and white stripes can do something amazing this year, well what a tribute that would be, but with a melancholy twist for those that would have dearly loved the chance to experience it.
R.I.P.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Three good looking guys in the prime of their life, great pictures of them smiling and obviously proud to wear our badge in whatever capacity, that’s not to say that the other victims weren't equally beautiful and wonderful people.
I am here in Canada, enjoying my life, listening to player(when it works) enjoying the excitement of Blue Jay baseball, which amazes me that you can go to a sporting event for just $11, not sure if I will ever see the beloved Seagulls again, my family say I should go back and see the Amex, I find it hard to indulge myself when there are always bills to be paid? and what if they lost on my visit,,,,,I would be gutted beyond belief…..But that is my choice.
Sadly the victims don’t have that choice, their love for BHAFC or more importantly life in general gone, in a click of a finger, gone.
Saturday I was reading the board, sky news online, twitter anything….player broke up a couple of times (often when it appears important, exciting moments),…it didn’t seem to matter.
the same Sunday, the Jays are brilliant, but my iPhone ran out of battery because i was keeping up with Shoreham
I lived on Old Shoreham Road in Southwick, my team lived on Old Shoreham Road FFS, (thanks Archer, btw).
This weekend I have tried to follow the commentary, gone to work (twice), tried to be a family man and tried to write this….each time with a tear in my eye.
Sussex is a beautiful place, the people there are strong but caring, time to pull together and if the boys in blue and white stripes can do something amazing this year, well what a tribute that would be, but with a melancholy twist for those that would have dearly loved the chance to experience it.
R.I.P.

Well said Sir.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
R.I.P.
Sums it all up. Thanks

MarcG

Aug 24, 2015
Hi all, you may remember me as Marc in a previous life on NSC, I stopped posting here 4 years ago when I joined BHAFC as a Groundsman (I left earlier this year). I knew Matt Grimstone for the best part of 3 years I think, he was hand on heart one of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, he never had a bad word to say about anyone, he never got angry or sad or down, he was always smiling. He loved being a groundsman, learning all there is to know about sports turf and he was a rock solid Goalkeeper and all round decent footballer. I'm gonna miss his smile, the complete random stuff he used to come out with, the quiz knowledge he loved and above all else the fun we shared on the job and after work. A Genuine great guy who's life was taken far too early.

RIP Mate and to the others we lost on Saturday x

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hi all, you may remember me as Marc in a previous life on NSC, I stopped posting here 4 years ago when I joined BHAFC as a Groundsman (I left earlier this year). I knew Matt Grimstone for the best part of 3 years I think, he was hand on heart one of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, he never had a bad word to say about anyone, he never got angry or sad or down, he was always smiling. He loved being a groundsman, learning all there is to know about sports turf and he was a rock solid Goalkeeper and all round decent footballer. I'm gonna miss his smile, the complete random stuff he used to come out with, the quiz knowledge he loved and above all else the fun we shared on the job and after work. A Genuine great guy who's life was taken far too early.

RIP Mate and to the others we lost on Saturday x

Thanks for posting. So very sad and so sorry you've lost a pal.

DavePage

R.I.P.
Well they were amazing today, wonderful performance. Felt sorry for Stockdale, you know what a clean sheet would have meant to him. Keep the tribute going guys.

Last edited:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Well they were amazing today, wonderful performance. Felt sorry for Stockdale, you know what a clean sheet would have meant to him. Keep the tribute going guys.

But top marks to David Stockdale who, without prompting, took on the very difficult and trying task to visit and support the Grimstone family in their time of such sorrow, to respect the fact of Matt's position as goalkeeper for Worthing United.

He also wore gloves today honouring the two WU players ( Matt Training Ground member of staff and Jacob who tragically lost their lives ) and has to be totally admired for his actions.

DS you are brilliant !

Last edited:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
But top marks to David Stockdale who, without prompting, took on the very difficult and trying task to visit and support the Grimstone family in their time of such sorrow, to respect the fact of Matt's position as goalkeeper for Worthing United.

He also wore gloves today honouring the two WU players ( Matt Training Ground member of staff and Jacob who tragically lost their lives ) and has to be totally admired for his actions.

DS you are brilliant !

Sorry double post !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here